hot turntable project

xsb7244

hot turntable project
« on: 8 Jan 2007, 06:00 am »
could this be an outstanding turntable for the money and at less than $1500?  thanks for making the
investment and for making this project a reality.  an outstanding turntable for a low price is what we need.
we live in exciting times.  Please give us a review on what this turntable can do.

shep

Re: hot turntable project
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2007, 06:10 am »
???? what where how

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2007, 01:15 pm »
could this be an outstanding turntable for the money and at less than $1500?  thanks for making the
investment and for making this project a reality.  an outstanding turntable for a low price is what we need.
we live in exciting times.  Please give us a review on what this turntable can do.

Yes, it could.  Whether it is or not cannot be determined without knowing what it is.   :lol:

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2007, 04:26 pm »
I assume your talking about the Well Tempered?   It is still in the frying pan.   Last update I got Bill was in China working with the factory.   This has taken so much longer than expected I'm not giving any release dates at this time.    I HOPE we have it in the first half of 2007 but the project is currently not in my hands so I have little influance on the final release date.

The Exodus Monoblocks are about to release though.   :drool:

xsb7244

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2007, 06:13 pm »
of course I am referring to Kevin's turntable.  will this turntable be a giant killer?  something worth doing
is worth waiting no matter how many months or years it takes and this is taking a long time but that is
the way it is.  again I ask what can this turntable do?

shep

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jan 2007, 08:21 pm »
It seems to do coy really well. Other than that...

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2007, 08:25 pm »
of course I am referring to Kevin's turntable.  will this turntable be a giant killer?  something worth doing
is worth waiting no matter how many months or years it takes and this is taking a long time but that is
the way it is.  again I ask what can this turntable do?

I think the term giant killer might be overused.   :lol:

I'll keep my comments to things that we can quantify.   It will outperform any of the current Well Tempered products in terms of measured wow/flutter.   Bill has stated that it outperforms any turntable he has measured (at any price) in those parameters.    Bill also believes that those measurements correlate very closely with subjective sound quality.

Of course I should give my standard disclaimer.   "No giants where harmed in the making of these turntables."  :wink: