TLP Nirvana preamplifer kit for sale

AKSAphile

TLP Nirvana preamplifer kit for sale
« on: 3 Jan 2007, 11:03 pm »
I am selling a complete TLP/N kit version 2.0 . Kit includes:

a) Specially designed  EI transformer with low flux density. It is designed for 230 / 240 V primary voltage.

b) TLP kit with Nirvana update and Auricap output capacitors

c) As my gift I give you blue Alps 50k log potentiometer.

The price is 135 EUR + post costs.

The preamplifier is  in a perfect working condition and was used occasionally for  listening.

If interested, please send me PM.
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2007, 02:03 pm by AKSAphile »

PSP

TLP Nirvana is a nice, reasonably priced preamp
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2007, 02:56 pm »
Let me just add that, while the TLP does not have the incredible resolution of the GK-1, it nevertheless is a very fine preamp that costs only a fraction of the GK-1 price. 

A while back I put my TLP in the main system (the GK-1 was on the bench for mods) and listened with great satisfaction for several weeks. It sounds GOOD.  Of course, when I put the GK-1 back in the system, it sounded even better, more resolved, more instrumental texture, but then the GK-1 costs a lot more.  So, if you like the way your AKSA amp sounds and aren't ready to buy a GK-1, I think that you might be very well served by the TLP.

Mine is configured with a source selector switch and a DACT attenuator. I'll be happy to share chassis photos and describe the layout if that would be helpful.

When you first switch on the TLP, there is a moderate-level buzz for about 10 seconds while the tube warms up, then it goes very quiet.  This is normal TLP behavior; if you think that this will disturb your audiophile friends, then turn your TLP on before they arrive :green: .  Also, I do not recommend building the TLP into the same chassis as your power amp (to make an integrated)... I spent many months trying to do that and could never overcome a small amount of hum.  Built into a seperate chassis, the TLP is extremely quiet.

Peter

AKSAphile

Re: TLP Nirvana preamplifer kit for sale
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2007, 02:06 pm »
I can also send the kit without transformer. This option greatly reduce post costs.  Cool

For any information please send me PM.

EDIT(23.3.2007): Price drop change!