New Review of Sig. Truth Modified 9100ES with TUBE power supply!

modwright

Well, Bob Levi has received a tubed power supply and has posted a follow up review in PFO to the initial rave of our modified Sony 9100ES.

Review: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue29/modwright9100.htm

I can clearly and unequivocally report that the ModWright Sony 9100ES, plus new tube power supply, has reached an exalted level in ultra high value and performance compared to anything I've heard under $15,000! for CD/SACD reproduction.

The Sony 9100ES with our Platinum Signature Truth mods and tube rectified power supply is truly our Reference digital offering.

PLEASE NOTE:

We are leaving for CES in Las Vegas soon and are taking four Sony 9100ES units with us, all with Signature Truth mods + Tube rectified power supply (Retail price = $3900).  We are offering these for pre-sale as post-show demos for $3000 - shipped from Las Vegas.  Two or three are confirmed sold, so if you are interested, please contact us right away.

The only stipulation is that we require payment in full by Jan. 5, 2007.

Thanks and I hope to see many of you at T.H.E. Show at the St. Tropez.

Dan W.

AB

Well, I am certainly glad Bob Levi agrees with me. 

:wink:

mtodde

Congrats Dan!  That's the most postive review I've ever read.   :drool:  It makes me wish I had a spare $4300.

I can say the tube rectified power supply works very well with the SWLP.   :D

modwright

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the support.

I can let the cat out of the bag now about a new product that we are debuting next week at CES.

The LS 36.5 is our new tube linestage preamp.  It will offer balanced inputs and outputs, phase switch, all custom MWI (ModWright Instruments) capacitors, custom made and voiced for our preamp specifically (oil-impregnated poly and teflon film-foil types).  It will also have the tube-rectified supply (internal) of course.  Tube complement is 2 x 6H30 and 1 x 5AR4.  It has top quality parts, revised and improved circuitry for even lower noise levels and greater overall musicality.  Aesthetics are improved with a 1/2" faceplate with very sexy machining. 

Intro retail price = $3995.  I expect to be shipping by mid Feb.

The unit will make its debut at T.H.E. show, along with the ModWright Sony 9100ES for digital and the SWP 9.0SE (tube supply also) being fed by a custom MWI blue Redpoint TT.  Please do check us out if you are able to make it to Vegas.

Thanks again guys and take care!

Dan W.

Normanality

Good luck with the show and with the new preamp introduction!

Can't wait for pictures!

modwright

Room 1404- St. Tropez and right across the hall with Acousti Zen/Red Dragon

Room 1404 wil be:

Escalante Fremont speakers.
Shunyata Cabling.
Belles Reference Amps
Redpoint Model A turntable - ModWright Blue special (MY table ;) ).
ModWright LS 36.5 prototype balanced LS.
ModWright SWP 9.0SE standalone phono with full MWI (ModWright custom cap) compliment.
ModWright Sony 9100ES with Signature Truth and tube-rectified supply.

In the acoustic Zen room, we will be using:

ModWright SWLP 9.0SE preamp with phono and tube-rectified supply.
VPI Scout TT wtih speed controller.
ModWright Sony 9100 w/Signature Truth mods + tube rectified supply.
Belles 100 Tube amps - Response Audio
Acoustic Zen cabling
Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers.

Thanks,

Dan W.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
This room is 1403 so there would not be much traveling required to hear both ModWright rooms.

In the acoustic Zen room, we will be using:

ModWright SWLP 9.0SE preamp with phono and tube-rectified supply.
VPI Scout TT wtih speed controller.
ModWright Sony 9100 w/Signature Truth mods + tube rectified supply.
Bella EXtreme 100 Tube amps - Response Audio
Acoustic Zen cabling
Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers.

As far as the Redpoint Model A turntable - ModWright Blue special (MY table  ). goes, I have seen this table and it is a beauty. I have a picture of it on my computer now. Maybe Dan will post a picture?

AB

A pic of the LS 36.5 and the SWP from Stereophile:

A pic of Dan's Redpoint TT. That's a Tri Planer arm there. Cha-ching.

I'd like to see a pic of the innards of the 36.5. Dan?

modwright

I will post a pic of the insides of the LS 36.5 when we are closer to being ready to ship.  I expect this will be around March 1st.  The unit in the picture had the standard steel 'lid', but we are going to finish the uni with brushed/anodized AL side plates and lid.

Inside, the unit offers balanced inputs and outputs, uses (2) 6H30 tubes and features the new tube-rectified power supply.  We also had our own capacitors made for ModWright Instruments (MWI).  The larger values are oil-impregnated poly while the smaller values are pure Teflon film and foil.  Caps have pure copper leads and bear the MWI logo.  These are used in the power supply as well as all signal applications and PS decoupling apps in the LS 36.5 and SWP 9.0SE.  The LS 36.5 also features a phase switch and keeps the HT/BP as the 9.0SE.  The new remotes will feature volume, mute, phase and HT/BP functions.  I can say with confidence that the LS 36.5 is at least 30% better than the SWL 9.0SE.

Reviews are already in the works.

The ideal vinyl combination is the SWP 9.0SE with the LS 36.5.

Yes I am VERY pleased with my new Redpoint (Blue) TT.  The unit at the show had the Tri-Planar arm.  I also have a SME V from my Sota and haven't decided which I will use long-term, but am leaning towards the Tri-planar for its flexibility.  The cart used at the show was a Phase Tech P-1.  The arm and cart were Peter Clarks.

Dan W.

SCompRacer

Two or three are confirmed sold.....

And I am one of them. I had one of Dan's Platinum Level with clock 999ES's, and was going to upgrade to the tubed power supply.  Dan was kind enough to allow me to cancel the tubed PS for the 999 and apply that money toward one of the demos.  I had him upgrade it to Platinum with the Bybees and got it last week.  Thank you vey much Dan!  To quote my bud Norm about the ModWright 9100ES, "WOW!"