Those darn Odyssey Guys!

s_cervin

Those darn Odyssey Guys!
« on: 31 Dec 2006, 03:40 am »
Was on the way to BB and got a call from a 317 number... Alex CALLED me back with regard to a PM question!  Talked systems and he had some good suggestions.  Got home, called Klaus and odered up the following:

-Candela Preamp w/ remote
-Stratos Extreme
-Khartago mono

This will drive the front stage of my HT/SACD/DVD-A/2 channel rig......for now.  The plan is to then upgrade to Stratos Mono Extreme and add another Khartago for surround duties if all goes well.  Klaus and Alex were both great to speak with and answered all my questions.

One question I do have that just came to mind is if I can put the center channel on top of the amp?  I've got an amp stand that the Stratos will fit on, but the Khartago and center channel must lie on the same shelf.  Anyone doing the same?  This will be right below the screen and if I add another shelf the center will block the screen.

Scott C.

Haoleb

Re: Those darn Odyssey Guys!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2006, 04:58 am »
The Khartago needs to have ventilation due to the smaller heat sink's, And they can get pretty warm if youve really got em going, However I doubt they will get beyond just warm with center channel duty. So long as your not blocking say more than half the vents i think it would be ok. The front half of the amp gets hotter than the rear half. Perhaps you can get some little footers or something to put under the center channel to get just a bit more breathing room

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2006, 09:58 am »
my worry is you try to isolate amps from vibration, in this setup you are adding a LOT of vibration.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2006, 02:06 pm »
Not to mention not exactly providing a solid foundation for the center.

Bryan

s_cervin

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2006, 02:12 pm »
Thanks, but this morning I found a new alternative.