Trade preamp for ACI Force XL sub, or Sapphire XL?

listen

Trade preamp for ACI Force XL sub, or Sapphire XL?
« on: 31 Dec 2006, 12:58 am »
Hi,
This may be a total shot in the dark, but I would love to acquire either a Force XL subwoofer, or a pair of Sapphire XL speakers.  What I have for trade is an Adcom GFP-750 preamplifier in simply excellent condition. It really is one of the best components Adcom has ever produced, henceforth all the fanfare for it upon its release. Nelson Pass designed and beautiful in its clean, flowing layout of circuitry. Solidly built and unmarred exterior. Everything works perfectly, and it sounds exceptional.  Comes with original remote, power cord and manual.  Please email me if you have any questions, and I'll be happy to  try and answer whatever queries you may have.
Thanks!

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
Re: Trade preamp for ACI Force XL sub, or Sapphire XL?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2007, 02:31 pm »
Hi,
This may be a total shot in the dark, but I would love to acquire either a Force XL subwoofer, or a pair of Sapphire XL speakers.  What I have for trade is an Adcom GFP-750 preamplifier in simply excellent condition. It really is one of the best components Adcom has ever produced, henceforth all the fanfare for it upon its release. Nelson Pass designed and beautiful in its clean, flowing layout of circuitry. Solidly built and unmarred exterior. Everything works perfectly, and it sounds exceptional.  Comes with original remote, power cord and manual.  Please email me if you have any questions, and I'll be happy to  try and answer whatever queries you may have.
Thanks!

Sure it's a shot in the dark, but why not give it a try! I'd also suggest simply putting the pre-amp up for sale in the classifieds, here, at Audiogon, and Audioxsell and then use the proceeds of the sale toward your speaker purchase.

ganesha

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2007, 05:38 pm »
FYI...Theres currently a Force XL and Sapphire XL on Audigon.

I just snagged dual Force XL's from Audigon, should be getting them this week :)

listen

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2007, 07:42 pm »
Hi Mike, Ganesha,
Thanks for your replies and kind advice. I have put the preamp up on Audiogon, and here on Audio Circle. No interest though. I think it may be simply because I dont have much feedback on Audiogon, so potential buyers are wary. I understand, though, since I'm quite cautious about that myself.  Mike, I'm trying extremely hard to eventually obtain some of your speakers. One day soon...

Ganesha, I'm glad someone was able to get that deal on the twin Forces at Audiogon. I had contacted the seller but he wasnt looking for a preamplifier. Have fun with them, it seemed like a great buy!  Can anyone tell me how to post on Audioxsell?  Whenever I go to the website, all I get is the main page and an email contact address.
Thanks!

listen

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jan 2007, 08:10 pm »
Please disregard the question about audioxsell. I just visited the site, and it looks much different now. I wonder if I had gotten the address wrong, or if it was down over the holidays?

Thanks again, and Happy New Year to everyone!

listen

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2007, 07:17 am »
Still available! :)