Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

bubba966

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
« on: 28 Dec 2006, 07:29 pm »
The first trailer for the next FF movie is out.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/hd/

I'm certainly looking forward to it.

sts9fan

Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2006, 07:30 pm »
oh yeah because the last one was WONDERFUL :roll:

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2006, 07:34 pm »
The last one wasn't that bad. The biggest problem it had was that it was slow. Mostly because it had to tell the whole story of how they all got started. But now that's out of the way I expect the second movie to be much better.

Sure, I still don't think the casting of the characters was done quite as well as it should have been done. But it's not terrible.

LadyDog

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2006, 08:25 pm »
I am too.  Definately a S/S fan.

Then again, anything w/Jessica Alba in it is worth watching.    :drool:

gitarretyp

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2006, 08:40 pm »
I'll definitely be seeing the movie. Even though the first sucked, i am huge silver surfer fan from my comic book reading days. I've read he'll be characterized as a villain, though --that's not entirely out of line with the early comic book silver surfer.

PhilNYC

« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2006, 08:52 pm »
I agree...I thought the first one sucked, but will definitely see this one for the Silver Surfer...one of my favorite Marvel characters ever.  Must say that I didn't really like what I saw in the trailer, tho...looked more like the T1000 from Terminator 2 with all the passing thru stuff.

Will also say that the actor playing Reed Richards is one of the biggest reasons why I thought the first movie sucked.  He always looks like he's about to burst out laughing... :o

I'll also see this one for Jessica Alba... :green:

On another sidenote, I saw the trailer for Ghost Rider in a theater yesterday...MUCH better than the one that was originally released online a couple of months ago...

mjosef

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2006, 09:48 pm »
Wow...looked fantastic in 720p...big Silver Surfer fan here too. I didn't think the first one sucked, thought it was too brief and maybe slow at times, but it was OK.
Looks like next year got some good movies in the works.

ajzepp

« Reply #7 on: 28 Dec 2006, 10:14 pm »
"Will also say that the actor playing Reed Richards is one of the biggest reasons why I thought the first movie sucked."

I could not agree with you more, Phil....I thought he was one of the least charismatic actors I've seen in a long while. There must have been a touch of nepotism involved in the casting, otherwise I'd say it was pretty uninspired when it came to his selection.

Mightyburner

« Reply #8 on: 29 Dec 2006, 12:49 am »
I can't wait for the new movie to come out because it will make by Bowen statue (the chrome version of course) worth that much more.  :thumb:

PhilNYC

« Reply #9 on: 29 Dec 2006, 12:55 am »
I can't wait for the new movie to come out because it will make by Bowen statue (the chrome version of course) worth that much more.  :thumb:

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen... :drool:

Where'd you get it?

Mightyburner

« Reply #10 on: 29 Dec 2006, 01:12 am »
Ebay.  Only 2500 made.  The price keeps going up so I expect that after the movie comes out it should go for over 4 figures.  I also have Thanos and Dr. Doom.  I should have Galactus next week.  He's pretty big at slightly over 20 inches.  I'll bring them with me the next time I come over.

PhilNYC

« Reply #11 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:09 am »
I'll bring them with me the next time I come over.

Maybe I'll trade you for some interconnects or something... :green:

navi

« Reply #12 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:29 am »
I was never a Fantastic four  or Silver surfer fan (and I thought the movie sucked as bad as Daredevil and elektra)- But as a comic Geek - It's a must see movie. ....................I just think Silver Surfer is so dated- He belongs in the 60's-70's .........and he should stay there.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:39 am »
Dated?  No way! :nono:  The Surfer rules! :)  Definately my favorite comic book character.  And yeah, I have a ton of Surfer related action figures in my closet; everything from the small Firelord, Nova, etc up to the huge Surfer & Galactus.  I pretty much quit buying comics when the Silver Surfer comic got cancelled.  I also liked FF when I was young- the movie looked like marinated dog shit but the combination of Jessica Alba and Silverado will be enough to make me watch the next one! :thumb:

Mightyburner

« Reply #14 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:40 am »
I just think Silver Surfer is so dated- He belongs in the 60's-70's .........and he should stay there.

Ouch.  I was born in 61.  I hope my son doesn't feel that way about me.  :lol:
Come to think of it,,,Spiderman and the X-Men are older than the Surfer.

Folsom

« Reply #15 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:45 am »

If you want to know the story of the new film, as I just found it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Surfer

Berndt

« Reply #16 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:30 am »
what was that movie where Richard Gere was spouting silver surfer lines?

bubba966

« Reply #17 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:33 am »

This it?

In the movie Breathless, Richard Gere's character reads, and comments on, an issue of a Silver Surfer comic. In a stirring moment, he compares his own alienation with the Surfer's profound cosmic aloneness.

Berndt

« Reply #18 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:41 am »

This it?

In the movie Breathless, Richard Gere's character reads, and comments on, an issue of a Silver Surfer comic. In a stirring moment, he compares his own alienation with the Surfer's profound cosmic aloneness.

That's the one!
Prompted me to get a silver surfer tattoo, only he is riding a wrench... :thumb:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:43 am »
A buddy of mine from my college days has a really badass leather jacket- he had an artist friend of his airbrush a Mobius Surfer onto the back!  He always let me borrow that jacket but he wouldn't sell it for any amount of $! :duh: