Pittsburgh audition?

Angaria

Pittsburgh audition?
« on: 26 Dec 2006, 06:53 pm »
I'm trying to decide between the sig 30 and the ICE implementations from EVS or Red Dragon.  I've got some Alon Lotus SE's - 90 dB sensitivity and the woofers are 14 ohms, so power isn't too much of an issue.

Currently I'm running an Opera Consonance Reference 6.6 - 25 watts, push pull.  It's a sweet amp IMHO, but recently a class D receiver came close to matching this amp for 1/10 the price, which is what got me intrigued.

If anyone near Pittsburgh PA has a sig 30 and they're willing to give a quick audition please let me know.  Thanks.

(feedback on audiogon under Angaria)

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Pittsburgh audition?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2006, 02:37 pm »
I know of a guy in Connecticut who has an unlimited supply of the Sinature 30 amplifiers. I'm sure that he would let you try one at home if you were to ask him. His name is Vinnie and he can be reached at:

http://www.redwineaudio.com/

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2006, 03:08 pm »
I've got some Alon Lotus SE's - 90 dB sensitivity and the woofers are 14 ohms, so power isn't too much of an issue.

Hi Angaria,

The Signature 30 will have no trouble driving your speakers.

It's a sweet amp IMHO, but recently a class D receiver came close to matching this amp for 1/10 the price, which is what got me intrigued.

If a class D receiver came close, I think it is time to upgrade!  :wink:

If you have any questions regarding the Signature 30, feel free to contact me:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/contact.html

I know of a guy in Connecticut who has an unlimited supply of the Sinature 30 amplifiers. I'm sure that he would let you try one at home if you were to ask him.

Hi Macrojack,

Well, I have zero in stock (as usual it seems  :cry:) but my current lead-time is down to approx. 2 to 3 weeks.  Yes, I do offer a 30-day, full money back return policy so you have nothing to lose  8)

Best regards,

Vinnie

Angaria

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2006, 04:26 pm »
Thanks for the headsup Vinnie - as soon as my amp sells I'll let you know.

Plink

« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2007, 02:50 pm »
Hi Angaria,

I'm in Pittsburgh.  I wonder if you ended up getting the Sig 30.  I still haven't decided but am leaning more and more to giving it a shot with my Devore Gibbon 8s and my vinyl setup.

thanks,

Paul
« Last Edit: 4 May 2007, 03:03 pm by Plink »

Sonny

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2007, 03:13 pm »
Hi there, was wondering what the out come of this was....
which amp did you decide on????
Thanks

I'm trying to decide between the sig 30 and the ICE implementations from EVS or Red Dragon.  I've got some Alon Lotus SE's - 90 dB sensitivity and the woofers are 14 ohms, so power isn't too much of an issue.

Currently I'm running an Opera Consonance Reference 6.6 - 25 watts, push pull.  It's a sweet amp IMHO, but recently a class D receiver came close to matching this amp for 1/10 the price, which is what got me intrigued.

If anyone near Pittsburgh PA has a sig 30 and they're willing to give a quick audition please let me know.  Thanks.

(feedback on audiogon under Angaria)