Paradox 3 for HT?

Hewie

Paradox 3 for HT?
« on: 25 Dec 2006, 06:55 pm »
Hi-
I built a pair of P3s about 4 years ago, and love them in my 2 channel system.  I'm now getting an itch to put together an HT setup.  I'm not in the position (budget or room size) to have a dedicated stereo AND HT system, so would like to know if I can set up a hybrid HT/2-channel system.

Are the P3s suitable for R & L of an HT setup?  If so, what is the best choice for a center? If I scoured the web and found a Focal Tc90Tdx2 tweeter are GR-130 woofers or an equivalent available? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Dave

Danny Richie

Re: Paradox 3 for HT?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2006, 11:22 pm »
Are the P3s suitable for R & L of an HT setup?

Sure

If so, what is the best choice for a center? If I scoured the web and found a Focal Tc90Tdx2 tweeter are GR-130 woofers or an equivalent available? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

I single Paradox-1 or 1 plus would match really well. The trick is just finding a tc90Tdx tweeter. The latest version (last version) of the Paradox-1 used the newer M-130 woofers. 

Hewie

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2006, 05:00 pm »
Thanks.  I'll start looking around.  There is a pair on Audiogon for $180/pair, ouch! Do you remember what these sold for originally?
Thanks again,
Dave

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2006, 06:51 pm »
I think I sold Tc90Tdx tweeters for $54 a piece new.