Bybee Speaker Purifier and Bybee NITRO AC cable

Wayne1

« on: 5 Jul 2003, 06:43 pm »
I finally made some time to build a production version for the Bybee Speaker Level purifier. Tyson and Jason have heard a prototype version on my system. I brought the prototype over to Turk's place last weekend and most of the guys got a quick chance to listen to it.

Jason asked if he could borrow them for a short time and I foolishly agreed.

I have not heard from him since :x

Here is a picture of the production version

These really DO improve imaging, definition and seem to extend to low end a bit. They seem to eliminate some harshness as well. They are very easy to install and won't require you to take apart your speaker cabinet to receive the benefit of Bybees.

They are available for ordering now: Bybee Speaker Purifier

I have been asked in the past about building Bybees into power cables. I have alway said it would be better to purchase a Bybee Power Bar so you could have the benefit of Bybees through out your whole system.

I have finally relented and now I will offer a Bybee NITRO AC Cable

This is a picture of one I have just finished building for JayS to use in HK.

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2003, 07:31 pm »

Wayne1

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2003, 08:04 pm »
Thanks for pointing that out, Rob.

I have fixed the link.

Jay S

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2003, 03:23 am »
I had been wondering what the Bybee NITRO power cable would end up looking like!  Thanks for posting the picture -- of my exact cable nonetheless -- on the site!   :D

I agree with Wayne that it is a great cost-effective idea to get a bybee power strip since then all your components can benefit.  In my case, I went with another power filter, so now the Bybee NITRO power cable will add the benefit of bybee-cleaned power to the balanced power my entire system currently enjoys.   From what I understand from Satfrat (should we call him the Bybee Man?) and BPT, the benefits are cumulative.  8)

Jay S

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2003, 08:44 am »
The postman came by this morning and dropped this off!!!  

I'll put it in my system this evening...   :D

Pez

Re: Bybee Speaker Purifier and Bybee NITRO AC cable
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2003, 03:05 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
Jason asked if he could borrow them for a short time and I foolishly agreed.

I have not heard from him since  :x  

Well that's half true :roll: I did give Wayne a call to let him know he can't have them back. :D

Jay S

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jul 2003, 02:19 am »
Ok, I was finally able to put the Bybee Nitro power cord in my system last night and do a brief listen.  It replaced a Type 2 power cord on my balanced power supply (my entire system is plugged into it).  My balanced power supply was also plugged into a Bolder Quantum bybee power strip, which has also now been replaced.  In fact, where the Bybee Nitro PC is better is that I have bybees on both the Live and Neutral lines, so regardless of plug polarity of anything in my system, it is getting bybee-purified power.

Anyway, after putting in the Bybee Nitro PC, bass response seemed to be lower and tighter and generally more percussive and fast.  Soundstage seemed to be a bit deeper (some things really did seem to extend far back) I noticed some more details and nuances in, for example, the voice of Norah Jones, the violin played in The Corrs, etc.  Overall, the music seemed to flow a bit better, which would indicate an improvement in coherency.

I need to listen more, particularly when my system is fully warmed up.  It was unplugged for about 15 minutes while I was swapping in the Bybee Nitro PC and I only listened to it for about 15 minutes afterwards.  Its been on standby since last night and I'll switch the tube preamp to Operate a half hour before I listen so that all the tubes are nice and toasty.

Jay S

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jul 2003, 09:31 am »
Once I get the Napalm bybee digital cable I will be able to put a pair of inline bybees at the analog output of my preamp.  At that point I'll have bybees at those 2 points of the music signal path and at 2 points of the power path (power cord feeding the balanced power supply that feeds my whole system, power supply of my DI/O dac).  So far, the benefits do appear to be cumulative.