My Super Ex-Girlfriend

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
« on: 20 Dec 2006, 11:19 pm »
After a seemingly endless wait, My Super Ex-Girlfriend finally hit the DVD shelves yesterday (a pretty good NRT, I might add).  This one was worth the wait, very funny.  The casting was perfect, and the effects were pretty good too.  I haven't really seen Uma in a comedic role, but she was brilliant.  The very idea of a completely neurotic superhero is inspired, IMOHO. :lol:  I can recommend this one wholeheartedly!

JoshK

Re: My Super Ex-Girlfriend
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2006, 11:47 pm »
nudity?  :hyper:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2006, 11:54 pm »
Sadly, no. :lol:  Anna Faris & Uma do have some hot outfits, though. :drool:

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2006, 11:55 pm »
damn....

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2006, 02:16 pm »
Just got done watching this a few mins ago....I have to say it was a nice surprise. It didn't seem to garner a lot of attention when it was at the theater, but this is really an enjoyable film. You could not have cast a better male lead than Luke Wilson....I'd say the dialogue was well-written, but his delivery took it to a level that I'm not sure it would have reached with another choice.

Definitely a 'thumbs up' from me!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2006, 08:26 pm »
Amazingly, MSN.com has it on the list of the years ten worst movies? :?  Wonder what they thought the best ones were? :scratch:

ajzepp

« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2006, 01:37 pm »
If that's one of the ten worst of the year, then they aren't looking hard enough! No matter...we found it entertaining and that's all that matters.

bubba966

« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2006, 10:02 pm »
So I picked this up sometime in the last week as I kept hearing that it was fairly decent.

Can't say I liked it as well as I thought I would've. :scratch: Maybe because I'm not so fond of Uma...

The_KiD

« Reply #8 on: 26 Dec 2006, 10:35 pm »
I thought was okay and it did have some funny parts but others seemed a little much. I rented it along with Litte Miss Sunshine which I watched the same night. It is an excellent movie..

Cheers,

Kid

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #9 on: 26 Dec 2006, 10:35 pm »
So I picked this up sometime in the last week as I kept hearing that it was fairly decent.

Can't say I liked it as well as I thought I would've. :scratch: Maybe because I'm not so fond of Uma...

Ditto that sentiment.

And I don't have any problems wih Uma.

I laughed a few times but was expecting much more.  Watched "Lady In The Water" afterwards, while not great it was much more enjoyable.