OB7 Center

phoenix_rising

OB7 Center
« on: 18 Dec 2006, 12:56 pm »
How about this for an idea for an OB7 Center speaker.

I actually have a picture but I can't find a way to upload it so it can be included in the message, maybe someone could explain how to do it.

The gist is to mount the 4 mid woofers sideways and then mount the open baffle section sideways just above the midwoofers, mounted by three rods a few inches in length between the open baffle section and the front baffle of the mid woofers. Assumes using a separate sub.

mono-tubeleosis

Re: OB7 Center
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2006, 06:46 pm »

I actually have a picture but I can't find a way to upload it so it can be included in the message, maybe someone could explain how to do it.

The gist is to mount the 4 mid woofers sideways and then mount the open baffle section sideways just above the midwoofers, mounted by three rods a few inches in length between the open baffle section and the front baffle of the mid woofers. Assumes using a separate sub.

I'd appreciate it too on attaching a jpeg/gif or whatever.  I hit the insert image button and this [img][img] comes into my letter.  I was expecting a dialogue box to come up allowing me to select something for me to insert.  I don't get it.

jonwb

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2006, 08:45 pm »

I'd appreciate it too on attaching a jpeg/gif or whatever.  I hit the insert image button and this  comes into my letter.  I was expecting a dialogue box to come up allowing me to select something for me to insert.  I don't get it.

You have to put the location of the graphic/image (the URL) on your clipboard and then paste it between the {img} and {/img} tags (brackets should be these [ ]).   Bottom line is the image needs to already be on the internet (AC Gallery for example).

phoenix_rising

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2006, 10:23 pm »
Here is the pic.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2006, 10:47 pm »
Hey, I like that! I think that looks great man. 8)

Cheers

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2006, 04:02 am »
Just turn an OB-7 on its side and leave off the powered sub. Rotate the tweeter 90 degrees and build a stand to hold it just below the screen. No crossover adjustments will be needed.  :thumb:

klh

« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2006, 10:45 pm »
Wouldn't Phoenix' idea have a better off axis response?

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 21 Dec 2006, 01:14 am »
The off axis response would be exactly the same.

However trying to stabilize the upper baffle (as seen above) so that it won't move would be tough.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #8 on: 21 Dec 2006, 02:47 am »
However trying to stabilize the upper baffle (as seen above) so that it won't move would be tough.

You might have to get a little creative, but it's definitely doable. I think it looks real cool. Great idea.

But I think if you have a wide screen TV, then having it laid out in a WW MTM WW configuration would look cool, have a better center of gravity, and be a little more discreet. Easier too.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2006, 06:34 am by Daygloworange »

mono-tubeleosis

« Reply #9 on: 21 Dec 2006, 04:27 am »

Thanks I found a site that will allow me to upload pics.  I'll get one up tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it too on attaching a jpeg/gif or whatever.  I hit the insert image button and this  comes into my letter.  I was expecting a dialogue box to come up allowing me to select something for me to insert.  I don't get it.

You have to put the location of the graphic/image (the URL) on your clipboard and then paste it between the {img} and {/img} tags (brackets should be these [ ]).   Bottom line is the image needs to already be on the internet (AC Gallery for example).

mono-tubeleosis

« Reply #10 on: 21 Dec 2006, 04:30 am »

[/quote]

Thanks I found a site that will allow me to upload pics.  I'll get one up tomorrow.

Oops.  Been a long day.