« on: 17 Dec 2006, 07:31 pm »
Anyone heard these that would like to share their experiences

I'm in the market for upgrading my power conditioner and looking at options

How do these devices differ from the conventional power conditioners

I would use them to power my tube monoblocks

Occam

Re: Ps Audio Duet or Quintet
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2006, 02:27 am »
I had the opportunity to hear the Duet powering a modest 100wpc integrated with cd player (all Creek) in NYC highrise. I was very, very impressed. I've never been particularly impressed with their previous common mode choke based conditioners like the UltraOutlet and PowerDirectors. The Duet is substantially better. I also compared it to my own prototype Diy li'l Felix conditioner and found the Duet the equal, if not better.
The PS conditioners provide not only power conditioning but surge, and over/under voltage protection.
As with any product, I'd strongly recommend that evaluate it in your own system, prior to any final commitment.

bluemike

« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2006, 02:47 am »
I appreciate the reply  :)

Have you had a chance to hear any isolaton transformers this is my other option that I plan to do further research

Occam

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2006, 04:07 am »
I'm quite familiar with isolation/balancing transformers. I've heard/used Equitech, BPT, Transendant, Blue Circle. Tripplite, Xentec and many other transformer based conditioners, as well as built my own balancing transformer type conditioners, both single and cascaded.

I'll simply repeat myself and say the PS Duet is very, very good. Its small, light and non hernia inducing. Its competitive with all of the above mentioned conditioners, and substantially less expensive. Its marketing claims to not be current limited (within limits)is, amazingly enough, not bullshit. IMO, the Duet is the best value conditioner available as a commercial product.