I need some quick help from a VMPS user.

RoadTripper

I need some quick help from a VMPS user.
« on: 16 Dec 2006, 12:50 am »
I am reverting back to single amp mode (no bi-amping) so I am about to disconnect one of my speaker cables going into (each of) the RM40. I have the jumper cables that are intended to by pass the switch on the back of the RM40. I don't know two things. First, which is the speaker input connector jack to use in this mode? The bottom or the top. As I recall, it is the bottom one, which is somewhat counter intuitive - which is why I remember, but I am not sure.

Second, which position does the toggle switch go in when you are not using it but are using the jumper cables instead?

Thanks a bunch!

John Casler

Re: I need some quick help from a VMPS user.
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2006, 01:09 am »
I am reverting back to single amp mode (no bi-amping) so I am about to disconnect one of my speaker cables going into (each of) the RM40. I have the jumper cables that are intended to by pass the switch on the back of the RM40. I don't know two things. First, which is the speaker input connector jack to use in this mode? The bottom or the top. As I recall, it is the bottom one, which is somewhat counter intuitive - which is why I remember, but I am not sure.

Second, which position does the toggle switch go in when you are not using it but are using the jumper cables instead?

Thanks a bunch!

The bottom posts are the tweeter/neos and the upper posts are the woofers.

So remove the jumpers, and plug in the speaker cable to upper set, and listen to see if you hear woofers, or woofers and neos.  Flip the switch.  If one position gives you "both" then mark that as the "FULL RANGE" potition.  If both positions only give you woofers, then move the speaker cable to the bottom posts and repeat.

When you hear all drivers, that then is "full range" and you want to flip it "Off" when running jumpers.

Or,..... You can wait til Brian reads this, and he probably remembers which is which, on all the models.