A stereo that can kill. . .

Den

JohnR

« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2003, 11:09 am »
Is there a rule that you have to use speakers with cones with voice coils? If not, it's about time someone turned the whole roof into a movable part, and just moved the whole thing up and down.

nathanm

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2003, 03:01 pm »
Well, it's not really a STEREO is it?

Where exactly are the "unquantifiable physics"?  Acoustics?  This is a new, unexplored field?  :roll:

Carlman

My machine does something pointless better than yours....
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2003, 04:17 pm »
(sarcasm)You know people really understand car audio when they compare an old disabled minivan with a bunch of crap in it designed to play one frequency to an Aston Martin that is new, fun to drive, and plays music through its audio system.(/sarcasm)

I read and read that really long article to discern the point of 'extreme stupidity' or whatever they call it.  The last lines summed it up:
"........tax write-offs for their audio shops."
Now I get it.

So, they found a nice tax write-off... Since it continually needs new parts, it's the gift that keeps on giving.  

The 'competition' seems pretty stupid... about as mentally stimulating as the North Carolina 'hollerin' contest.  I'd be embarrased to be involved in either.

nathanm

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jul 2003, 04:20 pm »
It would be cooler if the frequency was lower, say 30Hz or so.  That'd make a nice rumble.  I'd like to see this microphone they use that can take 177db!  Sheesh!

hmen

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2003, 05:55 pm »
In 20 years these idiots will be competing to see who has the most powerful hearing aid.