Terminator 3

PeteG

Terminator 3
« on: 2 Jul 2003, 04:45 pm »
Has anyone seen T3 yet, don't know if I should watch it this weekend or not.

bubba966

Terminator 3
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2003, 07:44 am »
Just finished watching it.

I was expecting almost nothing of it. And I was plesantly surprised. :mrgreen:

The story & acting is a little thin. But it's quite the action-fest, so there's really almost no time to have much of a story or acting.

If you had an interest in seeing it, do so. I wouldn't say it's groundbreaking in any way. But it's lots of fun...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Terminator 3
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2003, 08:17 am »
Don't forget Kristanna Loken is an Uber-hottie!  I liked the first 2 so I imagine I'll have to see the 3rd.

PeteG

Terminator 3
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2003, 04:01 pm »
Thanks, I'll check it out this weekend.

bubba966

Terminator 3
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2003, 06:21 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Don't forget Kristanna Loken is an Uber-hottie!

Yup! :mrgreen: That's the main reason I used to watch "Mortal Kombat: Conquest"...

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize how different T3 is from the first two. And the difference is the lack of Cameron. His films feel very....deliberate & precise. Now different isn't always bad. I did enjoy T3. But it doesn't feel like T2 does. It actually almost feels like a Jackie Chan movie in a way, though not quite the humor level.

wshuff

Terminator 3
« Reply #5 on: 5 Jul 2003, 03:34 pm »
Definitely T3 was not as entertaining for me as T2.  I felt like I'd seen most of it already.  Not bad, necessarily, just nothing new.  

But maybe T4 will be novel.

KeithR

Terminator 3
« Reply #6 on: 7 Jul 2003, 10:58 pm »
It was great i thought...that chase scene is perhaps the best of all time.  I didn't have great expectations going in, but it surprised me.

I also thought the 1 liners were better than T2.  Most didn't catch the ending coming, but it made sense.

They didn't "overdo" it in typcial hollywood sequel fashion making it more enjoyable.

And yes, Kristanna Loken was HOT!

TheeeChosenOne

Terminator 3
« Reply #7 on: 7 Jul 2003, 11:19 pm »
Greatest DESTRUCTIVE ACTION SCENE OF ALL TIME is in this movie.  My God was that over-the-top amazing!!

Aside from this, T3 was enjoyable, but didn't have the edge-of-your-seat timing of T2 that Cameron is an EXPERT in.  T1 was also more enjoable for me.

I now have a greater appreciation of Cameron's skill as this new reputable Director (U-571), while very good, is not at James' level.

Cameron is at Spielberg's level.  One of the all-time greats!

JohnR

Terminator 3
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2003, 11:22 am »
I really enjoyed it  :thumb:

Don't think Kristanna quite pulled off the merciless terminator thing. Not bad tho  :D

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Terminator 3
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jul 2003, 05:50 pm »
Saw it last night. The chase scene(s), which involves cars, trucks, a mototcycle, a crane, fire truck, a hearse, a plane (2 planes really) and a couple of helicopters, really makes the movie. As an action/special effects movie, it is a winner.