Lenco 75 or 78

akmal00

Lenco 75 or 78
« on: 7 Dec 2006, 08:34 am »
Hi there fellow AC's. I have't posted in this thread previously. I have owned two TT's including my current. The first was an LP12/ Ittok/ AT OC3. Then due to circumstances had to part with it. Currently I have a Clearaudio Emotion/ Satisfy/ Benz MC20 EII. Not going back to the LP12 as too expensive for me now. However more recently heard a few modified Garrards 301 and 401's. However they are also expensive. This is not including any modified plinth and a new arm.

Recently heard that the Lenco's are a cheaper alternative. What arm is the best. Thinking of the Hadcock 242 Export, the Integra also too much for me. Catridge might go with my own currently. Eventually going for the Music Maker III/ Shelter 901.

Any other suggestion? The rest of my system are:

Promitheus Reference Dual Mono TVC/ Holfi Audis/ QLN Cubic III/ Marantz CD63 KI Sig.

Plink

Re: Lenco 75 or 78
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2006, 06:00 pm »
Usually the theory is that one can optimize a unipivot in a high mass, stable plinth like that one that should house a Lenco.  I wouldn't have any worries using a Hadcock...just make sure the cart matches the arm.

I use a Moerch UP4 and a Rega RB700 with my L75.  I like the UP4 better. It's more fluid in the highs and bass is a little more detailed.  Rega excells at slam and impact.  Both are nice.