Jolida 102B, modded by Response Audio, for $390

randytsuch

Jolida 102B, modded by Response Audio, for $390
« on: 6 Dec 2006, 12:44 am »
AMP is sold.

Hi guys,

I have a Jolida 102B for sale.  It was modded by Response Audio, and I made a minor tweak to it too. 
I no longer use it, and am cleaning house, so I want to sell it.

I will let this one go for $390, plus shipping and paypal fees.  Why so cheap?  I bought it cheap from Response, because it was not working at the time, and he did not have time to fix it.  So, I fixed it (loose wire), and it works fine now. 

I bought two of them, and I sold the other one for $450 a while back.  But the other one had a transformer cover, this one does not.  Also, this one has some nicks around the volume and balance pot holes, but you can't see the nicks when the knobs are installed.  I made the nicks when I was trying a different pot, but I eventually put the original Alps blue velvet back in.

It works fine, and sounds very good.  I was using it to drive my K1000 headphones, and it does have a little buzz, if you are within less then 1 foot of the speakers.  You won't hear with a normal system, but it did not work well with my headphones.

I also modded it to put it in triode mode, so it puts out 1/2 the power of a standard 102B. I can easily undo this mod, and so it will put out full power again.  It does sound better to me in triode, but depends how much power you want.  The other mod I made, after I got it from response, was to upgrade the two large electrolytic caps to higher capacitance, Panasonic caps.

Set of tubes included, I will send it with a matched quad of JJ el84’s for the drivers, a pair of gold pin Raytheon 7728’s and a grey plate GE 5 star 5751.  BTW, these are nicer tubes then I sold with my other 102B.

The Response upgrades include:
Theta Audiocaps installed for the four coupling caps
A couple Auricaps installed as bypasses on the power supply voltages
Balance control has been bypassed.
Silver wiring used in the signal path
Resistors in signal path replaced with precision, high reliability Dale resistors
Power supply filtering improvements including “fast” diodes in bridge

I think the mod is pretty similar to the one described here
http://www.responseaudio.com/jolida%20signature%20series.htm

I think it was around a $500 mod, when response was offering it.

It is ready to go, I just need to pack it up.
I can put it in either triode or ultralinear mode, up to the buyer to choose.  And, I will take pictures, so I can show the buyer how to change it from one to the other.

I will be on a business trip for a couple days, but should be able to check here as some point soon.  I can take pictures of it when I get back from my trip.

Thanks for looking

Randy
« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2007, 01:48 am by randytsuch »

djwilbourn

Re: Jolida 102B, modded by Response Audio, for $390
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2007, 02:46 am »
hey randy,
new to the circle and not sure if i have sent you a message yet so i will try this too. first, have you sold the amp because i am interested in it if you have not. second, how would you rate the sonic condition of it . i will be hooking it up to two way monitors. was the hum something that has occurred recently or just a natural state of the amp? last, why are you selling it? just want something new? thanks