More computer gamers here on console gamers?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 2 Jul 2003, 01:14 am »
I wonder what the ratio is between console guys vs computer guys here?  I don't do much PC gaming; not that I'm not interested, more just don't have the hardware to make it interesting.  How about you guys?  Which type of systems do you tend to gravitate towards?

Maybe I can guess about yours, jqp, given your avatar! :P

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2003, 01:34 am »
PC Gamer here.

bob82274

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2003, 02:19 am »
I am about 50/50 personally.  I understand the hardware issue with PC gaming.  It is always updateing and with a top of the line graphics card running you $400-500 and it being slow 18 months down the road it can be a pain.  I just did an overhaul and can say that my PC can run any game out right now with out a problem at high resolutions.  However 6-8 months from now I am going to need to buy a new graphics card if I don't want to play something that looks like a slide show (the card was the only thing I didn't upgrade).  On the other hand you can spend $180 and get an X-box.

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jul 2003, 04:52 am »
Console guy here.

Always have been even though I usually keep my 'puter up to snuff to play most anything. Not that I ever use it for gaming, I just don't like having a slow 'puter.

pjchappy

PC
« Reply #4 on: 2 Jul 2003, 04:52 am »
I had a PS2 and older stuff (N64, SuperNintendo, Nintendo). . .

Computer games are MUCH better IMO

Americas Army is a GREAT (the best IMO b/c of its realism) FPS and it's FREE (americasarmy.com)

p

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #5 on: 2 Jul 2003, 05:08 am »
Used to play Carmageddon TDR 2000 and a little Half Life and Sims on the PC. (And before that, Sim City and Tetris, etc)

Now I an Xbox only guy.