My Nuforce Ref. 9 is no longer working

ctviggen

My Nuforce Ref. 9 is no longer working
« on: 4 Dec 2006, 04:47 pm »
I use this to drive my center channel.  When I turn off the amp, I can hear a clicking sound within the amp.  Is there any other debugging step to take?  For instance, checking the fuse (although the clicking sound should mean that the fuse has not popped)?  (I've already hooked up another amplifier to the center channel, and have verified that the CC is working correctly.)  If the amp is no longer working, how do I return it to the factory?  I believe that I am still within the warranty period. 

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: My Nuforce Ref. 9 is no longer working
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2006, 05:50 am »
For official and timely support, open a Help Desk ticket: http://www.nuforce.com/support/support.htm

This is not an official channel and we only check it from time to time (when we're very busy, once a week).
To determine if this is a case of shutdown protection due to overheating (happens when playing loud for long period of time) or over-current (pushing the amps beyond it's current limit):
If it is encountering a thermal protection shutdown, you'll hear stuttering noise (thud, thud, ...).
If it is over-current protection, the power supply will shutdown completely.
Wait for 30 minutes and power up the amp again. Does it work?
We can raise the thermal protection setting.  There is no harm to the amp and we have done so in recent production. If there is some failure somewhere, we can service it at no charge.
Anyway, please use the Help Desk so that we can track the problem.

Thanks
Jason