Surround Listening Modes

MacAngus

Surround Listening Modes
« on: 2 Dec 2006, 11:29 pm »
I'm wondering if anyone ever uses the modes: Hall, Stadium, Church, Club, Theatre or Party & Natural on their SP 1.7, SP2.
It is the only thing on my SP2 that really bugs me. To get to NEO:6 Music or Cinema which I seem to use most of time when not in bypass, you have to scroll through all these "mine shaft" modes to select the next one. Bryston should dump them or combine them all and call it "Tiled Bathroom" or have a up/dwn button on the mode select. I say off with their heads! What do you think? :icon_twisted:

MOZ

Re: Surround Listening Modes
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2006, 02:18 pm »
I you can "set" you prefered mode...by pressing "save" button when you use it.
For exemple when a DD5.1 track comes to my SP2 it switches by itself to THX Ultra2 cinema in 7.1 mode, when it's a DTS 5.1... to DTS-ES mode in 7.1, when it's a 2 channel one... to simple stereo, aso !

mv038856

Re: Surround Listening Modes
« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2006, 10:26 pm »
I'm wondering if anyone ever uses the modes: Hall, Stadium, Church, Club, Theatre or Party & Natural on their SP 1.7, SP2.
It is the only thing on my SP2 that really bugs me. To get to NEO:6 Music or Cinema which I seem to use most of time when not in bypass, you have to scroll through all these "mine shaft" modes to select the next one. Bryston should dump them or combine them all and call it "Tiled Bathroom" or have a up/dwn button on the mode select. I say off with their heads! What do you think? :icon_twisted:

Hi MacAngus!

Two additional options to access any surround listening mode directly:
- Use the discrete IR codes from the user manual.
- Control your SP1.7 or SP2 through the RS232 port using AMX/Crestron or the like.

Just my two cents again.

Cheers

Markus

BTW: I agree, those Party, Hall, amd Church modes are useless...