Music for the Immobilized - Clari-T to the rescue!

DRCope

• Industry Participant
  • Wand 14-4 ‘table, wand arm, Dynavector, Pure Audio
    • Old Forge Audio
Music for the Immobilized - Clari-T to the rescue!
« on: 24 Nov 2006, 04:29 pm »
I've discovered a new, (to me, anyway), application for the Clari-T amp. I was recently diagnosed with a badly pinched nerve in my neck and have been ordered to bed with an ice pack till who knows when. This gets to be excruciatingly boring in very short order. I can, (obviously) surf the net with a laptop and wireless connection, but . ...

Anyway, had a brainstorm yesterday. Asked my wife to grab my Clari-T amp, Apple Airport Express and a pair of Audio Note AX Two Signatures from downstairs. Talked her through cobbling them together on a dresser across the bedroom. I can now control play music on her laptop, which I've commandeered, or reach remotely into my iMac downstairs and stream it to the Clari-T/AX2Sigs via iTunes and hru the Airport Express.Quick, simple, compact, lightweight, easy acccess to a pretty huge library of music without moving a muscle, which is the order of the day, (week? uhhhh . . . .)

I know I could do something similar with the iMod, Olive or the whoozie Vinnie used to mod whose name I can't recall at the moment, but this is what I have on hand right now, and it works like crazy. Asking my wife to move an Audio Note Kit 4 or pair of AN monoblocks would be cruel and unusual punishment - this was easy.

Thanks, Vinnie, for making the boredom a lot easier to deal with!

ZLS

Re: Music for the Immobilized - Clari-T to the rescue!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2006, 06:34 pm »
When are 4 nickels not the same as 2 dimes? 
    When their is a shift in the paradigm. 
    Welcome to the new world, hope you get better soon

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2006, 12:39 am »
Hi DRCope,

Sorry to hear you are stuck in bed  :(

It sounds like you are making the best of your situation by playin' the music!  8)

Get well soon,

Vinnie

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2006, 04:02 pm »
Looks like COPE is the right name for you. You seem to be coping with an inconvenient situation in an inventive way.

DRCope

• Industry Participant
  • Wand 14-4 ‘table, wand arm, Dynavector, Pure Audio
    • Old Forge Audio
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2006, 07:39 pm »
Thanks guys.

I'm back upright for a few hours at a time, so I've moved the Clari-T and Airport Express back down to my office where they now drive a pair of Coral Japan speakers with alnico magnets, drivers about 3.5" x 5-6", as best I can tell through the brown 'n gold sparkly grill cloth. The walnut veneered cabs are about 6w x 16h x 8d sealed. Space is at a premium in my little corner, so these fill the bill pretty well. Nothing for Louis or Peter Q. to worry about, though!  :lol:

Feeding my iMac tunes as I surf/type. Approaching 500 songs, 2 days playing time, 17 GB in Apple Lossless. I think I need to get a USB DAC in here so I can quit using the wireless network and the Airport Express DAC . . .