room acoustic treatments

tomagardner

room acoustic treatments
« on: 22 Nov 2006, 02:44 am »
Anyone have any recommendations for a good room acoustic treatments source? TIA, Tom  :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: room acoustic treatments
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2006, 02:46 am »
www.realtraps.com

Ethan is very knowledgeable and makes a VERY high quality product.

George

TomW16

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2006, 02:59 am »
Hey George,

I briefly looked over the RealTraps site and saw your listening room picture in the Products "Tri-Corners" section.  Congratulations!  It must sound pretty good.  :thumb:

Tom

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2006, 03:22 am »
Hey George,

I briefly looked over the RealTraps site and saw your listening room picture in the Products "Tri-Corners" section.  Congratulations!  It must sound pretty good.  :thumb:

Tom

Thanks, it does. 

George

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2006, 01:38 pm »
There are a number of sources. I'd certainly recommend checking out GIK Acoustics. Glenn and Bryan did the room treatment for us at RMAF and they did a fantastic job. The products are effective, attractive, and cost-effective. Glenn and Bryan definitely know their craft and are great fellows to work with. http://www.gikacoustics.com/

Photon46

« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2006, 05:15 pm »
Another good source for a broad multitude of products is www.acousticalsolutions.com. They provide fabric samples to help you decide what's right for you at no charge, they've got good customer service, followups, etc. Their prices are competitive as well I've found.

tomjtx

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2006, 06:04 pm »
Also try eigthnerve. I just got some Adapt triangle, very well made and very effective

95bcwh

« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2006, 06:52 pm »
if your room is big, then I would recommend some diffusive treatment...if budget is not an issue also check out RPG
http://www.rpginc.com/residential/index.htm

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #8 on: 27 Nov 2006, 01:20 am »
Hey George,

Tom

Thanks, it does. 

George

George:

That is a beautiful setup  :D

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #9 on: 27 Nov 2006, 03:02 am »
If anyone isn't convinced about the merits of acoustic treatments, they should ask anyone who attended our inaugural Toronto Audio Society meet here today in my shop.

Almost 40,000 cubic feet of concrete walls, floor, and steel deck roof. We layed out around the perimeter, acoustic panels, and some carpet, and were able to get a very intimate listening experience, despite being in what basically amounts to, half a gymnasium.

I'm still here alone, listening to Norah Jones'  Feels like home CD, and I can tell you, even with all the bodies gone home, it still sounds really, really good. :green:

Cheers