Hugh away for four days - back on Saturday......

AKSA

Hugh away for four days - back on Saturday......
« on: 20 Nov 2006, 07:24 pm »
Folks,

I'm off to South Australia by car (500 miles) to see a sick family member in hospital.

I may be able to access AC while away;  here's hoping.

My apologies for any inconvenience (and my thanks to Amador in Asmara, Eritrea, our next AKSA member!),

Cheers,

Hugh

keps

Re: Hugh away for four days - back on Saturday......
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2006, 06:23 am »
(and my thanks to Amador in Asmara, Eritrea, our next AKSA member)

Thanks Hugh, I'm looking forward to the TLP.

Thanks to Rom as well, he's such a big help.

AKSA

« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2006, 02:07 pm »
I'm back......!!  (Ready to assume termination duties.....)

Hugh

AKSA

« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2006, 09:40 am »
Hi Keps!!

Sent today......

Hugh

Rom

« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2006, 09:57 am »
Keps,

welcome to AKSAphile!  :thumb:

I'm sure you will be happy with this.

cheers
rom

keps

« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2006, 12:51 pm »
Can't wait, hope to get it soon!!!

AKSA

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2007, 01:50 pm »
Folks,

Taking four days vacation with the family to visit my Mom in South Australia.  Back on Friday night, back on deck Saturday morning.

If you want to contact me, best to use PM through this forum, which I can access easily.

Cheers,

Hugh

kyrill

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2007, 05:51 pm »
have a nice trip

time to have a 12v tube AKSA for car audio?
mini vsonics in the dashboard?

Sweetens the long ride :)

AKSA

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2007, 08:56 pm »
Kyrill,

I have an old Toyota Cressida Grande, with a magnificent sound system!  I have certainly heard better, but this will do me for car journeys, as my days of crawling around inside cars are fast coming to a close........  (regrettably!!)

Cheers,

Hugh

AKSA

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jun 2007, 10:25 am »
I'm baaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkkk!    aa

Any emails will be answered in the next day........ :lol:

Cheers,

Hugh

Jens

« Reply #10 on: 22 Jun 2007, 10:43 am »
Hope you had a nice trip and that you found your mother in good health :D

kyrill

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jun 2007, 07:15 pm »
and had good meals, good beer, singing in the rainsunshine and have seen beautiful birds and rendeer and other AU winter coming animals :green:

AKSA

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jun 2007, 11:24 pm »
Hi Kyrill,

Let me give you a tiny vignette of life on the road with family in Australia........

I took my two daughters, Soraya 22 and Alessandra 19, to visit their Grandmother.  They are on University vacation.

I must say that travelling in a small metal enclosure for five hours each way with two siblings is an exquisite form of torture, gender specific, of course...... :icon_twisted:  The point scoring and general frisson in the atmosphere is, well, troubling over a long period...... :roll:

Hope you had a nice trip and that you found your mother in good health

The trip was wonderful, around 10 litres/100kms, very comfortable, warm, but overcast, grey weather, often raining.  My Mother at almost eighty is not in good health;  she suffers heart disease, dreadful, immobilising arthritis, and mild diabetes.  We all ate too much good food, and I've just returned from a restoring jog around the park which has left me feeling much better.  I saw my brother Patrick and his wife and two girls and that's always wonderful - he is a senior employee of our largest telecoms company - an industry he is thoroughly sick of these days.

and had good meals, good beer, singing in the rainsunshine and have seen beautiful birds and reindeer and other AU winter coming animals

Sadly, I hardly drink these days, not even wine, it really knocks me round!  And not much in the way of birds, I'm afraid, lots of crows, sparrows, and other colourless animals, and definitely no reindeer, but lots of cattle and sheep, though all nicely contained within fields with big fences.  Australia is an old land, a tired looking country at present particularly after drought, and our recent rains have merely left a veneer of green over the land but nothing yet of any real substance.  The farms are in a bad state, and many farmers are on the verge of bankruptcy, particularly inland a few more kilometres where rains have been non-existent for almost five years in some areas.  Many have now been sold for pine and sugar gum plantations which supply hungry laser printers around the world.  The SE of SA and western districts of Victoria are generating 5000 tonnes a day of wood chip exports, nearly all to Japan.  Climate change has even affected the southernmost lands of the world, and while I'm not so alarmist as many I do agree with Al Gore that our atmosphere is impossibly thin compared to the size of the earth and we really should look after it rather better than we do!

Cheers,

Hugh

stvnharr

« Reply #13 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:29 am »

Let me give you a tiny vignette of life on the road with family in Australia........

I took my two daughters, Soraya 22 and Alessandra 19, to visit their Grandmother.  They are on University vacation.

I must say that travelling in a small metal enclosure for five hours each way with two siblings is an exquisite form of torture, gender specific, of course...... :icon_twisted:  The point scoring and general frisson in the atmosphere is, well, troubling over a long period...... :roll:

The SE of SA and western districts of Victoria are generating 5000 tonnes a day of wood chip exports, nearly all to Japan. 

Hi Hugh,
Ah just think of the memories of the travel and trip that you will have in the coming years.  Treasures!!!!!!!

Hey, I've never seen a paper mill in Australia, but I've seen a lot of paper.  I've heard lots of people deplore the wood chip industry. 
Perhaps folks think paper appears from thin air!  Once you smell a paper mill, far, far, away is a good place to have one!!

Enjoy the family time!!!!

AKSA

Re: Hugh away for four days - back on Sunday......
« Reply #14 on: 26 Sep 2007, 11:14 pm »
Folks,

Off again, this time to see my Mom and attend my cousin's sixtieth.  He's mad, presently building an ultralight, loves all things mechanical.  Delightful fellow...... :lol:

Back on Sunday night, thank you for the indulgence,

Cheers,

Hugh

kyrill

« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2007, 09:17 am »
fly with him Hugh :)

Have a good trip

:)
Kyrill

AKSA

« Reply #16 on: 11 Jan 2008, 08:40 am »
Folks,

Off tomorrow morning (Saturday 12th) for South Australia to return my Mum to her home after pacemaker surgery.  My daughters are preparing for overseas jaunts;  Soraya to Indonesia, Alessandra to NYC to study one semester in Fashion Design at City College;  Sri and I will enjoy a night out with my brother Pat and his wife tomorrow.  The absurd hot weather of 40C+ has abated, now a reasonable 24C, and we shall have a wonderful trip.  It's been 1 hot week, unbelievable in fact.

We will be back on the evening of Monday 14th.....  apologies if this is not convenient to anyone deep in kit assembly or module connection.

Cheers,

Hugh

DSK

« Reply #17 on: 11 Jan 2008, 11:56 am »
Have a good trip Hugh. Glad it has dropped below 40degC, should make for a much more pleasant trip.
Hope to catch up with you and Marty very soon, AndyR too ... just been way too busy over the last few months.

AKSA

« Reply #18 on: 11 Jan 2008, 09:38 pm »
Thanks Darren,

This excessively busy job is no good.  You MUST take time to sniff the roses, enjoy the chardonnay.

As we lie on our deathbeds, looking back (a view I call the Death Bed View, the DBV, an important aspect of life itself......) we never think:

'Ah, such life regrets, I did not spend enough time at the office'
I don't believe even the committed workaholic thinks this, although I've yet to do a DBV survey - tricky to set up the appointments.

Thanks for the post!

Hugh
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2008, 10:30 pm by AKSA »

PT914

« Reply #19 on: 12 Jan 2008, 01:10 am »
Hi Hugh,

Have a nice trip.  The Paris headamp has no back ground noise or hum.  I placed the turntable ground to the center spade ground in the headamp board.  Initially had the ground to the GK-1R case.  Noise floor for the phono input is the same as the CD-Dac input which is silent.  Now the slow process of burn in.  Still amazed at the sound stage, it goes from wall to wall.

Cheers,
Philip