Good news

RoadTripper

Good news
« on: 15 Nov 2006, 10:19 pm »
-------- two weeks ago ----------
Wife: Do you have any money left in your Paypal account?
Audiophile: Nope.
Wife: What happened to it all?
Audiophile: Vinnie has it.
Wife: Why?
Audiophile: I made a "down payment" to get the Sig 70s.
Wife: How much more money we talking here?
Audiophile: Oh, about double.
Wife: <painfully long silence>

--------fast forward to yesterday ----------
Wife: When are you going to pull the trigger on the other half for that amp?
Audiophile: Pretty soon, I hope, what do you think?
Wife: Sounds good.
Audiophile:<suppresses big grin>

Dmason

Re: Good news
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2006, 11:59 pm »
"Behold the majesty of Music, we dance as one."

--Jon Anderson

Bruce: can i come over??

RoadTripper

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2006, 12:25 am »
DMason -

Absolutely. Must be patient though. It may be a little bit of a wait, but from what I have been reading, it will be worth it.

gary

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2006, 01:27 am »
I've only got about 50 hours on my Sig 30 so far, but I'd definitely predict that you'll find the Sig 70's worth the wait. My Bastanis are uber efficient, 100dB/W/m or so, and the clari-t drove them far louder than I'd ever need to listen so I didn't think the extra power would make a big difference... not so. The 30 grabs hold of my speakers and controls them like nobody's business, in a way that only megabuck SS amps are supposed to be capable of. At the same time it does texture, delicacy and finess like I thought only tubes could manage. I now completely understand why Srajan said there's no need for a tube pre to color the sound, this thing works magic all by itself and stands on its own as a serious high-end contender.

Gary

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2006, 01:51 pm »
Hi Seminarian,

NICE!  aa

Hi Gary,

This is a really good point... there is more to the Signature 30 than just having more power (e.g. compared to the Clari-T or compared to a SET).  I have many Sig 30 customers with high efficiency speakers (Zu Druids and Definitions come to mind) that probably rarely need all 30 watts, but are really satisfied with the Sig 30 at low or higher volume levels.  So it isn't all about the higher power... it is about the sound of the amp, period.  Of course, when running Gallo Ref 3s, DeVores, and even the MMGs that I am using here, the extra power is a very good thing!  In the case of the MMG, it is really essential :wink:

Best regards,

Vinnie