For you who are following the LS-6/LS-9 thread on av123 forum...

arthurs

how do I post pictures in the thread?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
I saw the prototype box, but without drivers.  I understand the actual cabs will be narrower.  It would just be really cool to see the finished product.

brj

The icon below the italics I is the "insert image" button, which will place the following text in your message:

Code: [Select]
[img][/img]

Copying from this thread...

arthurs

paste my link in between the text?

brj

Yep!

(It should show up in the preview.)

arthurs

arthurs

that went well.... :duh:

brj

Example:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.audiocircle.com/gallery/albums/userpics/13827/PC030226.JPG[/img]

arthurs

I just put a bunch in there, you can drop them in or go to the Gallery to see them, I'm tired and gonna give up...

brj

Link to arthurs' gallery with many more LS6 pics - complete with dramatic lighting! :)

Edit: Fixed link

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Wow!  Very nice.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but will there be upgrades available (eg Black Hole 5, a version w/o X-overs for an electronic solution, etc).  And given the weight, what do you ballpark shipping will be?

arthurs

Apologies for the fuzzy pictures, we'll get some better ones when I have some time and Brian brings over his better camera again.... :roll:

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
Honestly not sure on either... we are working hard every day but it's hard to even guess... soon as possible is my final answer ;)

Sean

Any idea when you'll have pics up of the production model?  Any idea when the center will be available?

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
www.skiingninja.com will offer upgrades.  I believe I will be able to get a small number of cabinets unloaded (drivers not yet installed, no crossovers etc) to make modding easier but Skiing Ninja will not be offering an electronic crossover.

The first unloaded LS6 cabinet samples are 123lbs each.  Add in drivers, crossover and packaging and I would guess around 160lbs each.  Depending on where you live and if you ship to a residential or commercial address, I expect around $250-$300 (+/- $50) for a pair of LS6's via Yellow Freight.

Sean

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but will there be upgrades available (eg Black Hole 5, a version w/o X-overs for an electronic solution, etc).  And given the weight, what do you ballpark shipping will be?

alotaklipsch

Arthurs, whats your comparison to your current speakers?  Enquiring minds wanna know :drool: :duh:

arthurs

The LS-6 easily better the Dunlavy in every category you can think of.... :thumb:

alotaklipsch

Cool, cause, DAT"S what I figured, I have the Epiphany 12/12's now, but, just put in a deposit on the LS9's in High Gloss Rosewood, cause I needs mo bass :drool: :drool: :duh: :duh:boom boom boom

I heard the Evolution MM3's at the RMAF, along with most high end rooms, and really got a great education there.  I realized, MY room is at least 98% as good as the most insanely expensive sh*t there is in this obsessive hobby of ours, I just wanna get the other 2 percent :drums: :banana piano:

BTW, I am waiting for the Moscode too.  I needed to add it to my amp arsenal :drool: :duh: :thumb:along with my Wavelengths, Mactone, Dodds, ET :duh: :drool:

arthurs

I'm going to end up with the 9's as well, but the 6's really deliver the low end, so I can imagine the 9's will only improve on that.... :thumb: :D

arthurs

....and the Moscode will be a pleasant surprise for you.... :o