VMPS 4 box solution that can satisfy anybody!

warnerwh

VMPS 4 box solution that can satisfy anybody!
« on: 13 Nov 2006, 06:10 am »
It seems to me that the drivers Brian has used for this generation of speakers are excellent. I'd like a pair of speakers with 4 or 5 12 inch woofers per side. Another box with a line array of 6-8 midrange panels per side with a few tweeters per side, maybe 3. 

This could sound amazingly good and not be all that large considering.  Using standard cabinets, no RM/x super cabs, only 4 instead of 2 the price may be reasonable also.  Make these cabinets under 6' each so they'll work well in alot of rooms. This could probably be done and sold for under 25k which in the scheme of the competition would be a super deal.

Anybody else have any custom design they need for their rooms?  A truly world class speaker system not to be outdone by anything at any price. 

I bet you guys thought this was a new speaker Brian was coming out with. It was just something I had been thinking about a little while ago while listening to my RM 40's. Even after all this time I've owned them they still amaze me with the sound quality. The potential for a world beater is very possible with these drivers and Brian's engineering I bet. Speakers costing double would have a heck of a time competing with this system.