Peridot upgrade

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Peridot upgrade
« Reply #20 on: 23 Mar 2012, 06:32 pm »
Ofcourse...I was just dreaming... :D but yeah it would be fun....

Well I actually think there are some fairly new designs using Accuton that are going to be outdated in the near future...stay tuned  :wink:

navin

« Reply #21 on: 24 Mar 2012, 05:07 am »
That combination i bet wont be 5495. Like Rick said, is all about trade off, and budget is one them. So is better start with a budget.

This is a public forum. I respect Rick too much (in the few emails I have exchanged with him) to put him in a spot by discussing commerce. He has emailed me an expected budget. I have emailed him a response and when everything is clear it would be Rick's perogative as to what specifictions he can make public and what he cant. The speaker design world is a small one and everyone is watching everyone else sometimes a little too closely. IP is transient. Let's just leave it at that.

What I believe however is that, given the recomendations from more experienced "audiophiles" like jonbee, I am FULLY expecting this speaker to compete favourably against speakers that have about the same driver configuration (and are about the same size) like the Joesph Audio's Pearl 2 (did you know he named this speaker after his mom-in-law), Aerial Acoustics 7T, Sonus Faber Amati, and PMC PB1i.

I also fully expect Rick's new speaker to outperform some more common speakers (in India) including the Spendor's A9, Dynaudio's Focus 380, Monitor Audio's PL300 and KEF's Reference 205/2.

navin

« Reply #22 on: 24 Mar 2012, 05:13 am »
Well I actually think there are some fairly new designs using Accuton that are going to be outdated in the near future...stay tuned  :wink:

:lol:  Rick,
Kharma, Tidal, Marten, Avalon, Evolution etc...are going to be a little peeved of when that happens. Oh BTW did you know Consensus is back as Artos?