Signature 30 with transformer attenuators?

pyrrhus_finch

Signature 30 with transformer attenuators?
« on: 12 Nov 2006, 05:38 pm »
I recently got the eastsound signature CDP and using it with the super-t amp.. lovely sound..
The Eastsound however beggs for to be matched with the Signature 30 doesn't it?!
Black with red details.. just visually they seem to be a perfect match!

But now my question.. I bought a pair of stephens & billington transformers planning to use them to build a transformer attenuator.
If I sent them to him would Vinnie consider building these into a custom signature 30 for me using Transformer attenuation vs. the resistor type?

Has anyone tried this?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Signature 30 with transformer attenuators?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2006, 02:26 pm »
I recently got the eastsound signature CDP and using it with the super-t amp.. lovely sound..
The Eastsound however beggs for to be matched with the Signature 30 doesn't it?!
Black with red details.. just visually they seem to be a perfect match!

But now my question.. I bought a pair of stephens & billington transformers planning to use them to build a transformer attenuator.
If I sent them to him would Vinnie consider building these into a custom signature 30 for me using Transformer attenuation vs. the resistor type?

Has anyone tried this?

Hi pyrrhus_finch,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

I do not offer customization options for the Signature 30. 

You would have to do this installation yourself, but this will VOID your 5-year warranty with Red Wine Audio.  I don't recommend doing this.

Best regards,

Vinnie