Hitting the 100 hour mark, or thereabouts, with the Sig 30

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
I knew there was something to be expected by the 100 hour mark from those who have already experienced it.
I believe I'm there.
It is more than subtle.
Singers and instruments are more fully fleshed out so as to impart that 3D aspect that is peculiar to tubes, but with no attendant haze, glare, or loss of detail.
There is more anatomy to performers, imparting a 'live' feeling.
A side benefit now that there is more individuality is I can hear so much easier to hear into the music and differenciate all the various aspects of what is going on. I'm not saying that it was cloudy or darker or somehow smeared to begin with. Rather, I've just gone deeper into the music and I'm now seeing all the trees in the forest, enjoying the aspects and peculiarities of everything.
It is so much more intimate, inviting and enveloping.
Can't wait for the 200 hour mark.

Thanks Vinnie.

Tim

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Hitting the 100 hour mark, or thereabouts, with the Sig 30
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2006, 02:33 pm »
Hi Tim,

How dare you trust your own ears?!  Show us the data to prove this!  It is all in your mind!!!  You are just getting used to the amp!

:thumb:   :lol:

Thanks for having an open mind and thanks for posting your findings.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Dmason

« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2006, 02:56 pm »
I find that assessment a VERY accurate and concise one; the forest and its trees is a beautiful analogy. I can sometimes count the flutes in the orchestra on very well recorded productions, size of recording venues, like "seeing" the overall production, as it took place, in real time. Ascent clarinet arpeggiae have become some of the best musical moments of all, to me.

For whatever reason, I find the amp defines the sound of sax better than anything else I have ever amplified a sax solo through. For years I had an aversion to recorded sax, yet loved the sound of them, in room, or ensemble. Saxophones have a really warm, and sultry sound to them that was usually missed, in my experience, but the Sig 30, the amp being the 'heart' of any system, -in my opinion, gets it right, to my ears, in my place. I really like your mini-review of your early experiences. The amp rips!!

You don't suck either, Vinnie... :thumb:

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2006, 12:43 am »
I'm think I'm getting all misty guys :bawl:.

Tim

kbuzz3

Break in...like sienfeld
« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2006, 10:13 pm »
to paraphrase the great episode with teri hatcher -but substituting break in of the sig 30

"its real....and its specacular"