sp-2 sound issue

redsierra

Re: sp-2 sound issue
« Reply #20 on: 16 Dec 2006, 01:29 am »
Well...bought my Toshiba HD XA1 and I still get the "snapping" when pressing some function on the player.

This is really leading me to believe that it is the processor.  I have tried the mute settings from .5 to 1.5.  You can clearly hear it snapping and then the mute function kick in.  I also have the digital force on as well.

It drives me crazy! 

MOZ

« Reply #21 on: 18 Dec 2006, 05:05 pm »
It drives me crazy!

I got used to it  :icon_lol: but i have to try the new software upgrade (the august one) !

redsierra

« Reply #22 on: 18 Dec 2006, 05:39 pm »
The new software didnt change anything.

I still get it.  You are better natured than I am then.  It absolutely ANNOYS and embarasses me!

Dwight

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 20 Dec 2006, 11:41 am »
The new software didnt change anything.

I still get it.  You are better natured than I am then.  It absolutely ANNOYS and embarasses me!

Dwight

Dwight,

If I recall doesn't the Vanderstein Sub have to be connected is a specific way to intigrate with the mains - grounds are tied together?

james

redsierra

« Reply #24 on: 10 Jan 2007, 12:41 am »
James, I had HDMI "handshake" issues with the 1st Generation Toshiba HD A1 HD DVD player, so it went back.  I now have the 2nd Generation HD A2.  Halaluya...no more snapping!  It is funny, becuase I still kind of wince every time I go to press a button on the remote.  I guess I will get used to a properly functioning unit sooner or later.

Dwight

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 10 Jan 2007, 05:24 am »
James, I had HDMI "handshake" issues with the 1st Generation Toshiba HD A1 HD DVD player, so it went back.  I now have the 2nd Generation HD A2.  Halaluya...no more snapping!  It is funny, becuase I still kind of wince every time I go to press a button on the remote.  I guess I will get used to a properly functioning unit sooner or later.

Dwight

Great to hear Dwight -thanks for the update.

james

flom

« Reply #26 on: 20 Apr 2008, 07:26 pm »
Do you know if it is possible to bypass SPV searcharging at SP2 Startup?
The generated issue is the when I use a universal remote control (harmony1000) : after boot, the remote ctrl is not able to push the SP2 appropriate input and I have to "manually" select my activities (DVD/CD...). This was not the case with SP1.7...

I saw SP codes : 030/048 that are not operant. Could you please help? I don't use any SPV.
Cheers
Fabien

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #27 on: 21 Apr 2008, 12:47 am »
The generated issue is the when I use a universal remote control (harmony1000) : after boot, the remote ctrl is not able to push the SP2 appropriate input and I have to "manually" select my activities (DVD/CD...). This was not the case with SP1.7...

I saw SP codes : 030/048 that are not operant. Could you please help? I don't use any SPV.
Cheers
Fabien

Hi Fabien,

I think it is possible to bypass the SPV startup- I will check with engineering tomorrow.

james

flom

« Reply #28 on: 21 Apr 2008, 07:21 am »
Hello James, sounds great!
Fabien

flom

« Reply #29 on: 22 Apr 2008, 02:06 pm »

Cheers
Fabien

Hi Fabien,

I think it is possible to bypass the SPV startup- I will check with engineering tomorrow.

james

Hi James, no news on this option?
Cheers
Fabien

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #30 on: 22 Apr 2008, 02:45 pm »

Cheers
Fabien

Hi Fabien,

james

Hi James, no news on this option?
Cheers
Fabien

Hi Fabien,

Asked our software guy and he is going to see if he can alter the code.

james

flom

« Reply #31 on: 22 Apr 2008, 02:51 pm »
you mean by alter, the fact that the person should provide another fw?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #32 on: 22 Apr 2008, 03:14 pm »
you mean by alter, the fact that the person should provide another fw?

I mean - delete the code that tells the SP2 to look for the SPV-1.

james

brucek

« Reply #33 on: 22 Apr 2008, 10:22 pm »
I mean - delete the code that tells the SP2 to look for the SPV-1

Why not modify the firmware to allow a customer to defeat or enable the feature (using a code).

That way everyone would have the option to shut it off, and the SP2 would boot faster.

Lots of unused codes available.....

brucek