Another Olive software upgrade comming...

reddmadder

Another Olive software upgrade comming...
« on: 11 Nov 2006, 09:54 am »
I spoke to Olive and 2.3.3 will be online by the end of next week.
I don't know what bugs it fixes but I'm happy these guys are busy working things out.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Another Olive software upgrade comming...
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2006, 02:35 pm »
I spoke to Olive and 2.3.3 will be online by the end of next week.
I don't know what bugs it fixes but I'm happy these guys are busy working things out.

Hi reddmadder,

I have 2.3.2 and I'm not sure what has changed from 2.3.  Now 2.3.3?  I'll be on the lookout and once I hear from Olive what the changes are, I'll report them here.

Thanks for the post,

Vinnie

delvxe

Re: Another Olive software upgrade comming...
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2006, 07:42 pm »
In the same boat. I am using 2.3.2 and cannot tell what has changed. I have been editing track info through Firefox and have been noting some bugs / annoyances. I have found that it is nearly impossible to change track or album information that moves in integer increments - i.e. year and track number. The web interface seems to let you do it only one (sometimes two or three if you can click quickly) integer increments, so if you are adding an album date where there previously wasn't this filed was blank, you had to go through about three clicks and a little waiting per integer change - that is about 111 clicks to get to 1970 from 2007.  To This is a case where it is much easier on the unit.

I am not able to describe it completely because I gave up and did it on the unit, but I was getting some very weird responses when trying to change track numbers for a bunch of tracks that were improperly coded. I will say, however, that I am really surprised at how good the database is for non-classical music (classical is a bit lumpy). Many CDs that I thought it would never get came through with 100% accuracy.

Terry