Superbit DVDs on sale at Costco

Wayne1

« on: 27 Jun 2003, 11:38 pm »
I happened to stop by my local Costco this morning. As I was wandering around the DVDs and CDs, I noticed an end cap full of Superbit DVDs. This was the first time I ever saw these at Costco. I looked up to find the price and they were all $18.95!

I picked up Fifth Element and when I went to pay for it, the cashier let me know there was also a $5.00 rebate. $13.95 for a Superbit DVD is my idea of a good price :D

Jason stopped by to pick up some cables later on and while I was finishing them up, I popped it in to entertain him.

It looked great! Of course maybe the new Bybee S-video cable I just made had something to do with it :lol:

Just thought all of you might appreciate the heads up.

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2003, 11:50 pm »
Wayne,

Hopefully it's not limited to Costco's in your area.

What was the selection like?

Thanks for the H.U. on this. I guess I'll have to hit a Costco or two tomorrow... :mrgreen:

Wayne1

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2003, 02:14 am »
Bubba,

I really didn't look too closely. I would say there were at least 12 different titles.

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2003, 07:42 am »
Well I'm looking for a few more, so I guess I really need to stop by. Can't pass up $13.95 + 2% cash back... :wink: :mrgreen:

bubba966

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2003, 10:10 pm »
Well, there are 12 titles. And they are $18.99. And there is an un-advertised $5 rebate. But there's a limit of 1 $5 rebate. :evil:

Didn't matter much though as I was only interested in 1 SB title (Desperado) as I already had the other titles I woulda been interested in.

These should be in just about every Costco in the country, with the excetption of Costco Business Center's.

The list of titles they've got are:

xXx
Men In Black
The Fifth Element
Desperado
Das Boot
Vertical Limit
Legends Of The Fall
The Dark Crystal
Gattaca
Dracula
Air Force One
Tommy

BTW Wayne, Costco has had SB discs before. But it was a 5 pack (the original 5 titles) when Superbit was brand new and they sold it for $89.

PeteG

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2003, 11:33 pm »
Stoped by my costco and picked up Das Boot w/$5 rebate.
I've been looking for this one for awhile but didn't want to
order it.

Thanks for the tip Wayne.