Adire Audio Tumult Sale

Kevin Haskins

Adire Audio Tumult Sale
« on: 8 Nov 2006, 01:12 am »
The Adire Tumults are back and I'm having a kicking off sale to get them moving.

I have eight Tumult 15D2s in stock (no others) and I'm offering them at nearly 30% off MSRP ($495 each).

Get em while they are still in stock.

Mention your an AC member in the text box during checkout and get free UPS GND shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states.

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=24_93&products_id=478

Kevin Haskins

Re: Adire Audio Tumult Sale
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2006, 10:05 pm »
Ok.... not enough incentive?    The price on these Adire Audio Tumults has just dropped to $449 each shipped.

Only eight at this price.

EProvenzano

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2006, 10:12 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Can this driver be wired for 8ohm operation?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2006, 10:25 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Can this driver be wired for 8ohm operation?

Two of them can.  :-)    They are dual 2 ohm voicecoils so the only way you can wire one is 4 ohms in series or 1 ohm in parallel.   

EProvenzano

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2006, 10:26 pm »
Funny guy  :P

I wish.

Voodoo Rufus

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2006, 07:11 pm »
Do you have a real NEED to get rid of these?

If I wouldn't be able to royally irritate the neighbors..... :drool:

Bossobass

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2006, 04:20 am »
I just ordered 4 of them...hope I'm not too late. Can't ever have too many Tumults and the price is right. 8)

I build 2X15" Tumults, small, sealed, EQ'd and with LOTS of power. I'll post back and let everyone who's interested know how it works out.

I appreciate the sale, Kevin...now, dig your way outta the snow and ship me some drivers :D

Bosso

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #7 on: 1 Dec 2006, 12:55 am »
I just ordered 4 of them...hope I'm not too late. Can't ever have too many Tumults and the price is right. 8)

I build 2X15" Tumults, small, sealed, EQ'd and with LOTS of power. I'll post back and let everyone who's interested know how it works out.

I appreciate the sale, Kevin...now, dig your way outta the snow and ship me some drivers :D

Bosso

Went out today.... .we have a warming trend that is eating away at our snow.   I'm also getting unburried from and have about 90% of my current orders shipped.    The rest will be going tomorrow.

Only one more Tumult at this price.   If your sitting on the fence better move quick.

Bossobass

« Reply #8 on: 7 Dec 2006, 08:19 pm »
Kevin,

The Tumults arrived today. I let them warm up to room temperature and loaded one into a 2.5 cubes box and ran some nearfield graphs vs the original Tumult.

Firstly, the MKII graphed pretty much right on with the model, so I applied an L/T circuit with a boost of 12dB and a system Q of .7 and graphed the results, which were as predicted.

Secondly, in comparing the original to the MKII, I noticed 8dB more efficiency at 100Hz, so I set the crossover up to 100Hz from 80Hz to take advantage of the wider bandwidth.

Thirdly, I adjusted the phase with the mains and center channel with the mic in the listening position, getting a +/-5db FR from 10Hz (as low as TrueRTA can graph) through the crossover point using no post EQ.

Finally, I played Spyro Gyra's 'The Deep End' MC SACD disc, which is a disc I know very well, and...so far the MKII is an improvement over the original in SQ by a noticeable difference...WOW.

The bass is as tight as you're ever gonna hear, IMHO. Very clean.

I'm working on the new boxes and will be loading the MKIIs into them immediately upon completion to test the 8X15" multi-KW low end system with the heaviest LFE DVDs to see how they do under extreme duress :green:

Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it turns out, and thanks for a super deal and fast service 8)

Bosso

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #9 on: 8 Dec 2006, 05:06 pm »
Kevin,

The Tumults arrived today. I let them warm up to room temperature and loaded one into a 2.5 cubes box and ran some nearfield graphs vs the original Tumult.

Firstly, the MKII graphed pretty much right on with the model, so I applied an L/T circuit with a boost of 12dB and a system Q of .7 and graphed the results, which were as predicted.

Secondly, in comparing the original to the MKII, I noticed 8dB more efficiency at 100Hz, so I set the crossover up to 100Hz from 80Hz to take advantage of the wider bandwidth.

Thirdly, I adjusted the phase with the mains and center channel with the mic in the listening position, getting a +/-5db FR from 10Hz (as low as TrueRTA can graph) through the crossover point using no post EQ.

Finally, I played Spyro Gyra's 'The Deep End' MC SACD disc, which is a disc I know very well, and...so far the MKII is an improvement over the original in SQ by a noticeable difference...WOW.

The bass is as tight as you're ever gonna hear, IMHO. Very clean.

I'm working on the new boxes and will be loading the MKIIs into them immediately upon completion to test the 8X15" multi-KW low end system with the heaviest LFE DVDs to see how they do under extreme duress :green:

Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it turns out, and thanks for a super deal and fast service 8)

Bosso

Great information....  I think you need a couple more drivers to get enough output though .    :lol: