getting hugh out of the closet

Thebiker

Re: getting hugh out of the closet
« Reply #20 on: 9 Nov 2006, 04:54 pm »
Younger, crazier days.....1985 Suzuki GS1150E, awesome machine
1987 Yamaha V Max, it was best in a straight line, but the power was unbelievable.

Now that I've figured out that I am mortal, I ride a 2007 HD Electroglide, comfortable and still beats being caged.

AKSA

« Reply #21 on: 9 Nov 2006, 09:03 pm »
Hell, Jim, where to start?

I've done some stupid things in my life, I guess most of us have, but nothing I'd classify as daredevil or death defying.  Most of the silly things have concerned people - particularly women - but I'm well over that now!

Cheers,

Hugh

Jens

« Reply #22 on: 9 Nov 2006, 10:28 pm »
Hehe - don't let Sri hear that last bit. It might get misinterpreted (the way only women can do it!!!)  :lol:

All the best to you both  :thumb:

fajimr

« Reply #23 on: 10 Nov 2006, 02:07 am »
Hell, Jim, where to start?

isn't there a windmill story????  or did I imagine that??? (hence, don quixote)

in any case, I'm just having fun.... put me on 'ignore' if you like   :D

but if we got enough stories we could build a new marketing strategy for the Lifeforce: 'designed and developed by Hugh Dean, a man who has _______________ ' 

AKSA

« Reply #24 on: 10 Nov 2006, 02:38 am »
Oh, Jim,

Yes, a windmill story, sorry, I had forgotten......

Over fifty years ago when I was four years old I climbed everything around the farm.  The windmill beckoned, so I climbed the 20 feet up to the top and sat on the triangular wooden platform, surveying all beneath.  I called to my Father who was in the house enjoying morning tea.  All terribly innocent.   :drool:

Except it was incredibly windy.  The windmill was spinning at full pelt, and any moment would have swung round - they are designed to swing into the wind in heavy gales to avoid destruction.  When they swing round, it's quite sudden, and my infant head was just inches from the speeding fan of a 7' mill.   :duh:

My Dad heard me, flew out of the door and with what seemed like three steps had shot up the frame ladder of the mill and swooped me off the platform.  I dimly remember it;  it happened blindingly fast.

Moments later, the mill wheel swung around.....  It took years off his life, but fortunately, nothing off mine!!   I also remember setting fire to a tractor, just as my Dad was filling it with fuel from the bowser.  That was fun!!  I did the same to my Grandmother's bathroom curtains, too.....  :tempted:

But don't we all have these stories?   :o

Cheers,

Hugh

fajimr

« Reply #25 on: 11 Nov 2006, 12:40 am »
But don't we all have these stories?   :o

sure... BUT we don't have these stories AND design WORLD CLASS amps and preamps  :bowdown:

that's a great story hugh... thanks for retelling it