Finally got my copy of 28 Days Later...

bubba966

« on: 26 Jun 2003, 05:57 am »

Boy, was Amazon.uk seriuosly annoying on this one :!:

I'd ordered this damn movie almost a month ago. But for some reason they tried billing an old Amex that I've not had for almost 2 years. And they never bothered emailing me that it didn't go through, I only found out after not hearing anything from them for almost 2 weeks.

So I ran it on my Visa figuring all would be cool. Wrong again! for some reason it didn't go through. They didn't tell me it didn't go through. And they wouldn't let me re-try it. :evil:

I almost cancelled the order, so I could re-order it and have it all sorted out that way. But if I did that, it'd cost me almost $5 more as they raised the damn price on it! :evil:

I'd almost given up on trying to get my initial order to work. But then I thought of re-trying it on the old Amex, then switching it right back to the Visa. Finally! It worked that way... :x  What a damn pain in the ass.

Anyway, I'll be watching it with some peeps this Friday. So I'll let you know if it's worth seeing in the theater this weekend if you're the type to watch things on opening weekend.

Gotta love importing DVD's... :mrgreen:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2003, 01:54 am »
Damn!  I would check it out, but by the time I got mine it would probably be out in the US. :?   It is any good?  I'm anxious to hear what you think of it.

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2003, 04:37 am »
Rob,

I've only seen a few minutes of it so far when I was making a copy for someone today. I'm planning on having someone over tomorrow, and we'll watch it then.

So you'll have to wait 'till tomorrow before I can tell you if it's worth a damn or not. :P

Quote from: Rob Babcock
Damn!  I would check it out, but by the time I got mine it would probably be out in the US. :?

Why would you order an R2 PAL DVD? Did your bro pick up that JVC I rec'd?

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2003, 07:07 pm »
I watched it last night, and cranked it up 10dB more than I normally would listen to a movie. There were a few scenes that made me :o . Which was good... :mrgreen:

It was shot on DV so it only looks OK on video. It'll look a lot nastier on a big screen at a theater.

I'd really recommend that it be watched at home and cranked. You're not going to get it played loud enough at a theater, and it'll look nasty blown up that large.

Overall I liked it, though it coulda used a few more zombies. And I don't regret having bought the DVD before I saw the movie. Though I will say the "music video", deleted scenes & "alternate" ending blow goats for quarters. I've not watched the making of yet, so I can't comment on that.