I'm Back !!!!!

klaus@odyssey

I'm Back !!!!!
« on: 27 Oct 2006, 01:42 am »
Hey Guys

OK,  I'm finally back.

First things first,  thanks for all of you guys coming in.  After 19 years and over 65 shows,  this RMAF  has been the single best show ever for me.  18 orders at the show,  and already another 7 between Sunday and now.  All in all,  8 complete systems in these orders!!!  Awesome,  and yes,  the system has never sounded better at any show,  and that's also partly because of the Candela,  and I even didn't go all the way out !!!!

Anyway,  as for the other question,  yes,  I'm ok.  On Monday night I went to teh emergency room,  and they immediately took a CATscan  X-ray.  My vertebreas  are all ok,  thankfully.   I figure that the speed difference was at least 50 mph.,  and that's pretty severe.  The Trooper is totalled,  and the insurance company is working with me pretty well,  I have to say.   As for my back,  I still have a large bump,  and can't sit for long (which made the trip home hell).  I also have discomfort when sleeping.   All in all (even with probably a year +  of rehabilitation and some pain) I feel quite fortunate.  Could have been much worse.

As for my son Alex,  he s ok.  Antibiotics did the job.

So,  that's my story.   Hey,  is there any car-dealer out there,  looking for partial trades,  hehehe ???   Need a new ride.

OK kguys,  again,  thanks so much for all the nice comments and all teh amazing business.

Yours,

Klaus

Woodsea

Re: I'm Back !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2006, 01:48 am »
Same here, I did not hear.  Happy to read that you are relatively unscathed.  I was just watching last night on Discovery about safety in cars  :duh:.
Take care, and enjoy the painkillers.  Don't take to many as they can constipate you, which is the worst pain in the world.

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2006, 02:03 am »
Wow Klaus.  Really sorry to hear about the crash, but glad to hear you and Alex both came out of it ok.  With the pace you keep, don't forget to take care of yourself too.  Tom

Haoleb

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2006, 02:06 am »
Take care, and enjoy the painkillers.  Don't take to many as they can constipate you, which is the worst pain in the world.

Sounds like you might have found that out the hard way eh?  :o

Glad to hear you are relatively ok Klaus, But a year of rehab? Doesnt sound much like a walk away type of wreck.

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2006, 02:28 am »
Sounds like you might have found that out the hard way eh?   No, but have had many patients with the problem.
Klaus- I am sure the Docs told you not to take it to slowly, back pain gets aggravated with to much bed rest.  But with all the orders you have received that will not happen.  :thumb:

DeadFish

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2006, 02:37 am »
Klaus got rear-ended by a drunk driver saturday night, was the way I got it. 
Stopped to make a turn and thank God, nobody severely hurt.  Her car totalled, his drivable, but definitely rear-ended.
Alex had ear trouble, but he wasn't in the car.

Klaus - Glad to hear you made it to the doctor.  I think you were 'buzzed' on adrenaline sunday maybe, eh? 
I know I had a 'buzz' going from the weekend, so I can only imagine being in your shoes. 
Good for you on the sales and the reviews as well!
Great seeing you again.

DeadFish

F-100

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2006, 02:55 am »
Klaus,
  Sorry to hear about the accident. Wish you & your son a speedy recovery. Take care!!!

Spirit

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2006, 03:18 am »
Klaus:
I am so sorry that you had to go through this nightmare.  My wife and I stopped by to see you on Sunday
morning, but you were too modest to let on as to how much you were hurting.
I hope you will be better very quickly.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2006, 03:34 am »
Glad to hear all is relatively OK Klaus.

Take care of yourself.  We all want to see you back at RMAF next year.

Bryan

Jim N.

• Who you callin' an audiophile?????
« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2006, 03:48 am »
Sorry to hear about this, Klaus! Yesterday my mother had a car accident and now I find out about you!

Sorry I couldn't get back to the show on Sunday. If I'd known something had happened to you I'd have had my friend bring me back from Monument.

Take care, get well and get some sleep!

The system did sound awesome!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2006, 03:49 am »
Klaus....Glad to hear that both you and your son are doing better, and the show was a success.... :thumb:

As for a new vehicle......I'd get this.......then no need to watch out for the other drivers..... :D

Chris

Wolfman

« Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2006, 03:51 am »
Klaus,
 Sorry to hear about your crash. Hopefully the other driver will face some mandatory jail time. :evil:  Glad to hear you're moving around,thank the Heavens it wasn't worse!
 Glad to hear Alex's alright,also. Congrats on the show,sounds like you outdid yourself this time(and that's saying a lot!).
 Please do try to get some rest,even at the cost of some deliveries maybe taking a tich longer.
 Besides,it's no sport taking shots at someone who's sick! :icon_lol:
Kirby

vanderstephen

« Reply #12 on: 27 Oct 2006, 04:18 am »
Klaus-
sorry to hear about the accident. i had one last november and had occasional neck pains for about 6 months. rest is good. glad to know that you're okay!!!

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #13 on: 27 Oct 2006, 04:44 am »
Hi Klaus I am sorry I am so late on these news, anyway I wish you get completally healthy very soon, good you and Alex are ok and improving.

It is great you got "some" sales...  hope those new ones push old ones out of your door into UPS van.

Have a great time...

fajimr

« Reply #14 on: 27 Oct 2006, 04:51 am »
hey klaus

glad to hear that you are well... be sure and take a few days off before you see a physical therapist as your body is probably still in shock.  I've had quite a few experiences with PTs (racing mt. bikes) and the difference between a good one and a bad one is like night and day.  Get one that 'feels good' to you.. trust your intuition on that.

--disclaimer: I have no medical training... this advice comes from experience being injured

all the best in a speedy and complete recovery

BobC

« Reply #15 on: 27 Oct 2006, 12:41 pm »
Klaus,

I'm really sorry to hear about your accident (damn drunk drivers!   :evil: ) and sincerely wish you a speedy recovery.

Take it easy with your back, i.e. let someone else lug the amps for a while  :wink:

Bob

Tuner

« Reply #16 on: 27 Oct 2006, 03:50 pm »
Hi Klaus,

So sorry to hear about your accident!  :o  Hopefully you'll mend quickly and will be feeling better soon.  That's great news about your success at the show and all the orders you received!  Well deserved!  Hope you'll still find time to get around to my Stratos upgrade before too long.  Dug my old college-era Adcom GFA535II out of the closet to get me through while the Stratos is away, but it just doesn't have anywhere near the same magic...   :wink:

My friend, Tony, emailed from Denver yesterday and said he had stopped in to say 'hi' to you during the show.  He thought your room was one of the better sounding ones he had heard.  Sure wish I could've been there.

Take care,
Gerry

Sonny

« Reply #17 on: 27 Oct 2006, 04:43 pm »
Klaus, glad to hear that you are healthy...and recovering....
Tuan

MaxCast

« Reply #18 on: 27 Oct 2006, 08:09 pm »
Sorry to hear about this Klaus.  I'm glad you're alive and hope you heal 100%.
Congrats on the successful show you're stuff is worth it!!!

hpc

« Reply #19 on: 27 Oct 2006, 11:51 pm »
Herr Klaus,

I'm torqued to hear that you had an accident - by a drunk driver, no less!

I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY to hear that you okay - relatively speaking.  Man,
gotta take care of the back.  The very best of speedy recoveries.

Glad to hear ALEX is okay and not involved.  Colds/flu/etc. are a bad part of
going up - been through it with my three.

Car sales:  David Kraft at Tom Wood VW/Nissan/Subaru/Audi/etc.  We've only brought
                five cars (or is it more?) from him.  Good guy.

You are the AUDIO-MAN!  Get WELL!