A/V 1 RS

puft54cs

A/V 1 RS
« on: 25 Oct 2006, 08:37 pm »
Danny, I am in the process of building 4 A/V 1 RS speakers and was wondering about how to line the inside of the cabinets. Do I line the walls with blackhole or no rez or fill them with some type of acoustic stuffing? Also another question for Danny, with all the new speakers you are coming out with currently are there any plans for a new design that hangs on the wall like the A/V 1 RS?

Thanks

Danny Richie

Re: A/V 1 RS
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2006, 10:00 pm »
how to line the inside of the cabinets.

You can fill them full of poly fill or fiberglass insolation. If you like you can add a small piece of No Rez to the front panel but I wouldn't bother adding it anywhere else.

Also another question for Danny, with all the new speakers you are coming out with currently are there any plans for a new design that hangs on the wall like the A/V 1 RS?

Right now the A/V-1RS is the ideal solution for the application. I see no real need to build a similar design. For those that can't hang one on the wall, the new A/V-O is really something special.

puft54cs

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2006, 03:28 am »
Thanks for the prompt response Danny. We all appreciate what you do for the audio community.

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2006, 12:17 am »
Puft, are you using the four of them four the surrounds in a 7.1 system, or as the rears in two different system? I'd be interested to hear from anyone using four of them (or even three of them) in a 6/7.1 configuration. I'm moving into a 12x16' room in January and I'm considering using the RS speakers in back and maybe a pair of AV1s on the sides, or just a 4-pack of one or the other.

Any thoughts?

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2006, 01:17 am »
ajzepp -

I am using AV1-RS with 2 sides and 2 rears in 7.1 and love them.  See my posting on this thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=30522.msg287080#msg287080

Tom

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2006, 02:42 am »
That's an awesome set-up, Tom....if you don't mind, I'm going to copy ya in the near future  :thumb:

puft54cs

« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2006, 03:05 am »
I am going to use them in a 7.1 setup just like TomS. In fact, after seeing his post I was inspired to do the same thing in my family room.

samplesj

« Reply #7 on: 1 Nov 2006, 12:54 pm »
If you aren't going to use it for a lot of music then 4 AV1-RS is a great way to go.  They work great for movies and they've done well with WAF.  Mine are painted to match the wall and they just sort of blend in.

ajzepp

« Reply #8 on: 1 Nov 2006, 03:43 pm »
Yeah, I'm more of a 2-channel guy when it comes to music....so won't be using them for multi-channel much at all, if ever. I was sitting in a theater this past weekend and I was pretty close to one of the surrounds....I kept thinking how I'm not sure I'd want a direct radiator on top of my head like that in a smaller room, so I'm excited to give these things a go :)