AC plug adaptor for UK/HK customers

Jay S

« on: 25 Jun 2003, 09:13 am »
Wayne,

Thought you may want to consider making a high quality AC adaptor with a UK-style M&K Toughplug on one end, and a female Marinco AC connector on the other end.  This would allow people in the UK/Hong Kong to avoid using cheap-o quality adaptors when plugging their aftermarket power cables (most of which use NEMA/U.S. style 3 prong plugs) into the wall outlet.  

I can check with the HAM on their interest.  Perhaps your customers in the UK would have some feedback?

- Jay

Wayne1

« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2003, 01:32 pm »
Jay,

I have offered power cords with the M&K Toughplug and the WattGate IEC, but I would be happy to offer just an adaptor.

BTW your package left Monday Global Priority Mail.

I will see about post a picture later in the week of such an adaptor.

Jay S

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2003, 02:24 pm »
Wayne,

A picture would be great!  I'll see to what extent there is interest among the HAM.  Perhaps they will also be able to spread the word among their other HK audio friends.  All the high end cables I have seen for sale in HK have NEMA plugs... which means that people are using cheesy adaptors to plug them into the wall.  

Thanks for sending out the inline Bybees.  I can't wait to try one on the digital input of the Mensa Plus.  I guess they should arrive Thurs or, at the latest, Fri.  Global Priority is terrific!