New cables from Electra Cable

Danny Richie

New cables from Electra Cable
« on: 24 Oct 2006, 10:52 pm »
I just became a distributor for a new cable company, Electra Cable.

Right now they just have interconnects, but are working on speaker cables and power cables as well.

These are the best sounding cables I have ever had in my system so I couldn't resist picking up the line, especially since they were so affordable. They are looking for more dealers and have already picked up a few more, so it looks like these might become very popular in no time.

These are all Copper with multiple conductors and using low mass connectors. They are defiantly low noise and high resolution from their low capacitance design. They really open up the sound stage.

Prices are:
$199 for a .5 meter pair
$215 for a 1.0 meter pair
$230 for a 1.5 meter pair
$245 for a 2.0 meter pair.

I made some killer deals on it at the show and sold quite a bit.
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2009, 07:30 pm by Danny »

Brucemck

Re: New cables from Electra Cable
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2006, 04:16 pm »

Are balanced versions available?

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2006, 04:33 pm »
Not right now.

mca

« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2006, 04:40 pm »
Any ETA on the speaker cables?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2006, 05:54 pm »
Captain Humble/Jeff picked up two pairs of these IC's at the show to try in his system....guess he'll post after he's tried them. For the price....looked pretty good... 8)

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2006, 06:00 pm »
I have a pair on loan from Danny as well that I picked up at the show. Guess I have to get them installed and see how the work. :)

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2006, 06:14 pm »
I have no idea what their progress is on speaker cables.

Turk

« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2006, 07:25 pm »
Danny,

I have had them playing in my system for 4 days since you provided them at the show, so far they are incredible. :D I fully expected them to be good, but not this good.  I will be ordering more.  It took a few days to smooth out, after which the tonal quality and transparency were shocking at this price.  Bass is fuller and deeper but still taunt, better than with my 5 9's silver interconnect.  Another bonus, they are not shielded as are my other cables but are still dead quiet.  I have always believed unshielded sounds better than shielded if the design is right.

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 25 Oct 2006, 08:26 pm »
Yea, a fresh pair really does need a good 100 hours on them to smooth out.

I have gotten all of the Silver out of my system now and never looked back. I am using these same cables as a data link too and they are killer good there as well.

I have always believed unshielded sounds better than shielded if the design is right.

You are very correct.

Captain Humble

« Reply #9 on: 28 Oct 2006, 05:01 pm »
I only have about 15 hours on mine at this point.  They sound better than my old IC's already so I'm quite happy with the purchase. 

Now that I have the Dodd battery powered preamp in my system burning in the new IC's will take some time because I don't run the Dodd unattended for long periods of time.  I want to be around when it's time to flip to the second set of batteries.

Thanks Danny.
Jeff

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #10 on: 28 Oct 2006, 05:07 pm »
I only have about 15 hours on mine at this point.  They sound better than my old IC's already so I'm quite happy with the purchase. 

Now that I have the Dodd battery powered preamp in my system burning in the new IC's will take some time because I don't run the Dodd unattended for long periods of time.  I want to be around when it's time to flip to the second set of batteries.

Thanks Danny.
Jeff

Jeff,

What were your old ic's?

George

Captain Humble

« Reply #11 on: 28 Oct 2006, 06:38 pm »

Thanks Danny.
Jeff

Jeff,

What were your old ic's?

George
George,
I knew that question was comming. :lol:

My first set of non-mass-market IC's was Groneburg.
I then changed to Rapport Silver from CDP to preamp and kept the Groneburg between the preamp and the amp.

I think Marvin has auditioned or owned several brands of IC's and he was making noises that he may pick up some Greg Straley IC's.  I know he wants to hear my Dodd pre so I'll ask him if he wants to bring his IC's to compare.

Jeff

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #12 on: 28 Oct 2006, 07:34 pm »
jeff, you know i do!!
marvin

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 13 Nov 2006, 10:43 pm »
Just a reminder about these new cables. I will send out samples so that you guys can compare them to anything you want and see how well they work in your system before buying them.

All you have to do is secure them with a credit card and I'll send out whatever you want. If you need a couple of pairs just let me know what lengths you need and I'll get them out to you.

Do me a favor though and don't order them just to try them if you have no way of paying for them or can't afford to pay for them if you like them or not.

I don't mind at all if you return them just give me and others some feedback. If you liked them fine but liked your high dollar XYZ cables a little better then it certainly won't hurt my feelings.

So far NONE have been returned.  :thumb: I will even cover the freight one way (to you).

And I am still offering 20% off on the pricing right now.

Who else wants to try them out?

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #14 on: 13 Nov 2006, 11:10 pm »
Do they make a 75 Ohm digital coax cable?

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 13 Nov 2006, 11:22 pm »
They don't offer a dedicated data link, but I have been using a single run (.5 meter) of their RCA's as a digital cable for a while now and I like it better than any data link that I have in here now and any that I have tried. I have no problem with sending out a single if you want to try one.

Loftprojection

« Reply #16 on: 14 Nov 2006, 02:28 am »
OK Danny, I can't resist, send me a 0.5m pair, I'll put them up against an unknown over achiever IC I'm currently using.

Do you still have my info?

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 14 Nov 2006, 02:38 am »
I am sure that I have your info on file but shoot me over a request for it via e-mail.

Send it to: info@gr-research.com

Loftprojection

« Reply #18 on: 14 Nov 2006, 03:10 am »
I am sure that I have your info on file but shoot me over a request for it via e-mail.

Send it to: info@gr-research.com

Email sent...  Can't wait to try them out!

95bcwh

« Reply #19 on: 14 Nov 2006, 11:03 pm »
If Danny said it's that good.. how can I ignore it???! I have just placed the order, I shall compare it with Grover and Zu Gede IC.

Thanks Danny! :thumb: