PING: Haoleb- Things okay for you due to earthquakes throughout Hawaii

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
 I have been watching the news about the Earthquakes throughout Hawaii. I don't recall exactly what island you are on but we are wishing you the best. I have been trying to reach many of my other customers located throughout Hawaii.

Let us know. Hopefully you are able to log on and are in a safe area uneffected by the quakes.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
I see that there is no electric throughout the big island of Hilo as well as other areas of the islands. At least no fatalities have been reported.
 We'll await your report when you are able to get back online. Not that the Circle will be your first contact :duh:

Haoleb

Hi Bill, Thanks for your concern. Actually when the earthquake hit i was still sleeping so as you can imagine I literally jumped out of bed and ran into a doorway. Then I headed for the door to get outside and stood there until it settled down. Threw a few things around my room and did some damage to drywall here and there. Nothing major. We had power restored about 20 minutes later so ive been watching the news and am seeing more reports come in on damage around the island. Im in kailua-kona so the epicenter was very close to where I live. I have driven through town earlier and most of the stores were closed and police were directing traffic at first but the lights are back up now. Seen a few houses with some damage and alot of rockwalls sustained damage. There were some debris on the road that need to be cleared.

The hostipal has been evacuated along with one of the hotels in town because of structural damage, So far nothing is really closed down from what I can tell. Its just buisness as usual for me.  This was the biggest earthquake Ive been through so it was somewhat of a rush. Everything just shakes and stuff was falling on the ground and rattling. Nothing broke except a stupid lamp, Most of my drawers were opened and stuff moved around.

Some of the aftershocks that came immediatly after were getting the heartrate up again, almost headed for the door a few times again. So far Ive only heard of a few injuries but havent been hearing sirens much. I think mainly now we just need to get some of the rocks cleaned off the roads and power restored to some areas if they havent been already.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Very glad to hear things are not as bad as they could have been. I have been through major hurricanes, blizzards and of course floods but never a major earthquake. I can only imagine it's a feeling of helplessness.
 Sounds like you are on the road to getting things back to normal. Very best of luck and thank you for the response letting us know you're okay.

Bemopti123

Haoleb, nice website of yours.  Your system has been carefully planned out.  Beautiful photography.  Glad to hear that things are not as bad as the news makes them seem.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2006, 01:42 am by Bemopti123 »

Haoleb

Yes the news does seem like its exaggerating it a bit "The big island of hawaii is in a state of emergency right now" umm. no?  :roll:

I can tell you one thing, Drywall and rockwall guys are gonna have alot of repair jobs! I can see how alot of people are talking about the power being out. Well considering that We just got pernament power 2 weeks ago. After living off of a generator since last december it wasnt a real concern for us. Luckly I think we were one of the first to get our power restored.

About the website, Im getting some Odyssey Khartago mono blocks  this week so stay tuned for some updates to it :)