Panasonic XR55/57

gevorg

Panasonic XR55/57
« on: 15 Oct 2006, 09:38 am »
Does The Bolder Cable still mods these receivers?

Thanks!

Wayne1

Re: Panasonic XR55/57
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2006, 05:12 pm »
The BOLDER Cable Company has never modded the SA-XR55 or 57 receiver.

We modded the SA-XR25, 45, 50 and 70 receivers.

Panasonic started changing the receivers too quickly for us to keep up. The back panel has changed quite a bit with each model and required a different binding post mounting plate for each model. We had to have a new plate designed and produced in a decent quantity to make it worth the machinists time.

Panasonic keeps changing the design so the plates we have had made are not useful any longer.

I do have a stock SA-XR55, but I have ne'er even opened it up. I am not sure what is involved with mods.

I might be interested in a one off mod of such a unit, but the cost would be between $1200.00 and $1500.00 and take at least a month.

gevorg

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2006, 09:32 am »
Interesting, but which mods are going to cost for a total of $1200-1500?  Can you break it down to whats worth what?

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2006, 05:36 pm »
The majority of mods that I have done to the Panasonic SA-XR series involves replacing lots of parts in the power supply and output sections. The AC inlet would be replaced with an IEC.

I would have to closely look at the speaker connectors to see if they could be replaced. If a new plate for the connectors has to be machined, the cost of the mod will be fairly high and the time would be fairly long.

Without actually disecting one of the receivers, I cannot give you a section by section breakdown of the costs involved.