Help! FLAC encoding stopped working

dayneger

Help! FLAC encoding stopped working
« on: 15 Oct 2006, 09:20 am »
I've been cheerfully ripping all of my CDs using EAC with the standard FLAC encoder (same as FLAC Frontend) running in the background. This has worked great for about 50 CDs on both of my laptops.

Then, the other morning, I started getting error messages from the FLAC encoder along the lines of not being able to read the source files--"error: can't open input file", "file not found", "external compressor returned an error". Different messages depending on whether I allowed a popup window or not.

This happened simultaneously with both laptops.  The previous evening both were ok, in the morning the compressor worked on neither of them.   :evil:  I was ripping to my Synology Diskstation, so I thought that might be the problem, but it doesn't work locally to the C drive, either.  I got Frontend to work by itself, but I'm uncertain about what the settings should be, since I more or less blindly followed the settings recommendations on the EAC site. In any case, it seems kind of dumb to compress 600 CDs manually when the automatic thing was working fine.

Anyone have some ideas of what could cause this or otherwise how to fix it?

Thanks for any help!

Dayne

jakepunk

Re: Help! FLAC encoding stopped working
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2006, 12:34 pm »
Does the problem occur with every CD you try or only one specific CD?  If the latter: Do the track names have weird characters in them like umlauts, slashes, etc?  If you can make it fail for one specific track, please post the title of the track.

dayneger

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2006, 02:02 pm »
Hi Jack,

Thanks, good question.  Unfortunately the problem occurs with all CD's I've tried so far, should've mentioned that in the first post.

Cheers,

Dayne

jakepunk

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2006, 03:45 am »
I'm stumped.  The only thing I can think of is that you are running out of disk space -- either on the NAS or the local PC.