TS2R re issue

Louis O

TS2R re issue
« on: 13 Oct 2006, 01:45 am »
Hi,

I have heard there's a lot of interest in bringing back the TS2R. I would be happy to make a limited run of them. They would be very special limited edition.

Thanks again,
Louis

jrebman

Re: TS2R re issue
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2006, 03:46 pm »
I have heard there's a lot of interest in bringing back the TS2R. I would be happy to make a limited run of them. They would be very special limited edition.

Louis, for those of us who are kind of new to Omega, can you explain what these are, and give some idea of the cost?

Thanks,

Jim

Louis O

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2006, 12:00 am »
Hi Jim,

They were one of the first speakers I made about 5 years ago. The TS2s are a small bookshelf using the Fostex FE164 at the time and then the 167e. Front-ported stand mount that sold for $799.

Thanks again,
Louis

reikso2h

« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2007, 08:49 pm »
Hi Louis,
Did you ever produce any TS-2s or Grande 6s with a rear port?

-Mark

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2007, 12:45 am »
Hi Mark,

I have a pair here in new composite cabinets with rear flared ports. They are Teak.

I just made the one pair and have new drivers. Many people copied these and I'm on to all Hemp now.

I'm looking for $500 for them, no grills.

Thanks,
Louis

rar1

« Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2007, 01:04 am »
Hi Louis:

What are the differences between the TS-2 and the Super 3; other than the obvious difference in driver size?  I would be using either model on its side (horizontally, like a center channel speaker) on shelves inside of a closed back bookcase.  I had used the Super 3's (narrow cabinet) this way for a few years with a Prima Luna tube amplifier and enjoyed the speakers for the most part, but they could be a bit "honky" on occasion.

The burl ask finish looks absolutely incredible. 

Many thanks,

Rich

Louis O

« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2007, 11:18 pm »
Hi Rich,

Things are a bit different now that the Super3s have the Hemp driver. The hemp driver sounds better than the Fostex and I would go with a driver swap in your super 3s.

Thanks,
Louis