Remastered CD Or not

Antman27

Remastered CD Or not
« on: 11 Oct 2006, 02:13 pm »
Hello all, I picked up The Allman Brothers Band Cd off of ebay cheep & the listing said it was Remastered but nowhere on the CD or case does it say remaster. Is there a way to find out if it is the remaster CD ?
I ran the Barcode on ebay listing & it did come up as remaster But is there anyother way to find out for sure (just dont trust ebays link)
Thanks !

R_burke

Re: Remastered CD Or not
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2006, 03:05 pm »
 :duh: It's usually written in the liner notes giving credit to the person who remastered it

Antman27

« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2006, 04:29 pm »
Yep I dont see anything about remaster in any notes
But when ya log on to ebay & click on sell & CDs it askes for the UPC code and it does come up as
The Allman Brothers Band [Remaster] - Allman Brother...

UPC:     731453125728

Title:     The Allman Brothers Band [Remaster]

Artist:     Allman Brothers Band (The)

Format:     CD

Release Date:     Oct 14, 1997

Record Label:     Capricorn (USA)

R_burke

« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2006, 07:07 pm »
Since I found myself with time on my hands  :roll:  I went searching for this.  The only releases that I could find all listed it as Reissued and Remastered, but couldn't find any information about the remastering.  My WAG on the subject is that it was remastered, but by someone in the record company not associated with the orginal release or the Allman Brothers.  It would be unusual for a record company not to tout the remastering if it was done by anyone associated with the original.