CANDELA functions

Rob S.

CANDELA functions
« on: 9 Oct 2006, 03:57 am »
Hi:
   Can someone tell me what the "HT" selector switch does on the candela?   My Candela is still over 2 weeks or more from being finished, but I'm trying to figure out if I can incorporate it in with my current HT system ( Mono extremes powering main speakers, Arcam AVR300 HT receiver acting as current preamp/processor and powering rear speakers and Center ) in addition to a Cambridge Audio DVD/cd player as source

Also, can someone please show me what the remote will look like.  Is it just volume only?

Thanks,

Rob S.

bunky

Re: CANDELA functions
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2006, 11:54 pm »
Hey Rob,Welcome to the AudioCircles! the HT selector is for a home theater bypass. i do only two channel listening so of course this feature is only of use to someone like yourself who wants to do the multi channel thing!the remote control is a small black unit with two buttons that controls the volume only. The Candela is leaps and bounds ahead of any Preamplifier that i have had in my system. i have had some very good preamplifiers including two tubed ones besides the Candela in my rig and nothing could have prepared me for how open, fast and musical this preamp sounds. i lucked out and got the very first one with the Alps remote controled volume. Enjoy....WCW III