D100, Lyngdorf (TAct) 220 and Martin Logans

liffy99

D100, Lyngdorf (TAct) 220 and Martin Logans
« on: 2 Oct 2006, 09:17 pm »
 :D
I'm running a Lyngdorf TDA2200 digital amp into a pair of ML Prodigys. I wondered about the benefits of bi-amping (although I've heard that I cannot do this actively as it's almost impossible to bypass the ML passive crossover) using a pair of D100s for the panels.
I would use the Lyngdorfs's DSP to allow it to drive the bass units and the D100s the panels (or vice versa). The Lyngdorf has an analogue output that can be tailored to allow this and drive another amp (the D100s). Alternative would be to buy the matching SDA2175.
That way each amp would only be driving a specified frequency range (say roll off the bass amp at 500Hz and negate the need for the D100s to produce anything much below this).

Has anyone any experience of CIA driving MLs, or using a Lyngdorf (Tact) as a pre-amp ?

Thanks

Jeff_Z

Re: D100, Lyngdorf (TAct) 220 and Martin Logans
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2006, 06:01 pm »
liffy99,
There was a discussion/thread on the Martin Logan board, I am a member there too,  :), from a member who had purchased D200's.  He did a test against the Rotel Class D amps.  To make a long story short he kept the D200's and loves them.  If you want here is the link for you to read.
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=2749&page=1&pp=15

I own the VDA-2 and it is fantastic.  Dusty has another winner here too.  He is a great guy to deal with honesty, knowledge and integrity which is hard to come by in today's market and a welcomed trait.

Good Luck

Jeff :D