Tower 2/R

Kool39

Tower 2/R
« on: 20 Jun 2003, 11:10 pm »
Anyone ever had to replace a ribbon tweeter in one of these speakers? I have a tweeter that is working at about half volume. Not sure if its the tweeter or the volume pot for the tweeter. Wanted to try and swap out drivers from one cabinet to the other and isolate whether its the tweeter or volume pot. The problem is i cant seem to get the driver out of the cabinet. It is in so tight not sure what procedure is recommended for removing the driver. Really afraid of doing damage to the front baffle.Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks alot,
Randy

warnerwh

Tower 2/R
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2003, 05:47 am »
Call Brian at VMPS.

Kool39

Tower 2/R
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2003, 02:00 pm »
Thanks Warnerwh. Hate to bother Big B while he is hard at work over what would seem to be a simple procedure but looks like i have no other choice. Thanks again

warnerwh

Tower 2/R
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2003, 02:06 am »
One thing you'll find Brian has proven himself as very conscientious when it comes to customer service. I'm sure he doesn't mind.  One of the nice things about dealing with small companies is the service.

Kool39

Tower 2/R
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2003, 05:49 pm »
Hi, Just a follow up. Called Big B this morning he explained how to remove the ribbon tweeter. Also told me to box it up and send it to him and he would take care of it. Talk about customer service! I really like the way he does business. Thanks Brian,

Randy

Kool39

Tower 2/R
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2003, 10:28 pm »
Hi, Follow up #2. Just ordered 2 new upgraded spiral ribbons. The tower 2/r's are going to sing now  :D

warnerwh

Tower 2/R
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2003, 11:46 pm »
Not only does he sell great speakers at the price point but excels in customer service.  I don't look into other brands of speakers much anymore.  I heard some RM 40's lately and know what my next speaker will be anyway. If anyone knows anything competitive at this price range I'd like to know about it.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Tower 2/R
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jun 2003, 11:55 pm »
The Selah Audio Excelarray's are in the same class, IMO.  I prefer the 40's for their tunability and deeper bass.  But the Excelarrays have better upper bass power.  Both are excellent, IMO.