Zerostat instructions

anal.log

Zerostat instructions
« on: 29 Sep 2006, 08:52 am »
The instructions say to pull and release the trigger slowly (2 sec).
But I read here http://www.needledoctor.com/Milty-Zerostat-Gun?category=480 that if you hear a "clicking" sound while pulling or releasing the trigger that you are doing this to fast.

Is this correct. My Zerostat (Discwasher) instructions say nothing about this.

Does anyone have instructions for the Milty Zerostat?
Just wondering what their "Test Procedure" to validate that the unit is working properly is.

Thanks

Wayner

Re: Zerostat instructions
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2006, 01:04 pm »
I have both the Dicswasher and the Milty. To test the unit put the little cap back on the nozzle and find a copper water pipe. put the nozzle very close in a darkened room and pull the trigger. You should see a spark from the gun to the water pipe. If your manly, put the gun on your arm and pull the trigger. you should get zapped! Also, pull the trigger slowly, if you hear clicking you are pulling the trigger too fast.

Do not point the gun at any electronics that may have sensitive electronic chips as the static charge could blow the chip!

W

anal.log

Re: Zerostat instructions
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2006, 11:24 pm »
Okay I did the water pipe trick but could only see the spark if i pulled the trigger fast enough to get the clicking sound.
So does this mean it only works if you get the clicks?
Can anyone with a gun verify this?

hifitommy

owner for more than twenty years
« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2006, 03:45 pm »
slow is the way to go.  also, the best time to use the Z is when you take the record off the tt and before you replace it into the sleeve.  this will prevent the static charge from attracting dust into the grooves while in the sleeve.

unless you live in an arid environment, z-ing isnt needed before playing the disc.