Old Design
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

New Bella 200 mono bloc design - your opinions please

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Greetings Circle members. I need your opions on the design of our Bella EXtreme 200 tube mono bloc amplifiers. We have the oppurtunity to go with the new chassis design or continue to bring in the original.

The old design would only be available as the Bella EXtreme 200 version and will be exclusive to Response Audio. The new design shown below is obviously only a computer design drawing but it does give you a good indication of the design layout. This new design also has balanced inputs as standard.

If we end up going with the old design, I would still provide the new design on a custom order basis only and the price for the new design would be much higher.

The question is: What would you feel consumers would prefer.

Your vote and feedback is very important to us.

NEW DESIGN

OLD DESIGN

« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2007, 07:00 pm by Response Audio »

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: New Bella 200 mono bloc design - your opinions please - POLL
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2006, 06:13 pm »
Bill,

I like the look of the new one built like a castle, but I have concerns about the transformers being housed inside together with the board.  Won't it heat up in there?  Also, do I detect 2 input tubes or is that an optical illusion?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2006, 07:13 pm »
Hello Woodsyi,
 I cannot comment at this time on the enclosed transformer situation but do know that there are no known problems with their other designs, including the large Cadenza mono blocs in regard toheat buildup.

As far as the input tubes go, yes there are two of them. This new design now has a dedicated balanced input.

The Hurricanes as well as Monsoons as we know them are no longer available and have been redesigned. Our Bella EXtreme 100 (based on the original Monsoon chassis design) will now be an exclusive design offering end users the oppurtunity to choose between EL34, 6L6, 6550, KT88 and KT90 output tubes.  aa
Further details: http://www.responseaudio.com/Bella%20Extreme%20100.htm

jackthecat

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2006, 11:31 pm »
I like the new design but the four corners bother me a little. Could you incorporate more of a handle/ guard idea like on Easterns M520 ?  Could still use your cage idea ?
Only a thought in passing.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2006, 11:39 pm »
Hello JTC,
  We have some thoughts on the cage. My associate came up with the idea of replacing the cage piece with etched glass or plexi-glass with the top or pront piece being the location of the logo.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2006, 11:46 pm »
Hello JTC,
  We have some thoughts on the cage. My associate came up with the idea of replacing the cage piece with etched glass or plexi-glass with the top or pront piece being the location of the logo.

If you did that Bill it would start to look a little like a VAC Phi amp:

I think that could look very nice.

George

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2006, 11:49 pm »
If you did that Bill it would start to look a little like a VAC Phi amp:

Yes, I know. I am also considering designing a similar cover for the Bella 100.

toobluvr

« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2006, 06:36 pm »

Looks like the Antique Sould Lab Cadenza DT to me.

http://www.divertech.com/aslcadenzadt.htm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2006, 06:57 pm »
 Yes, they have gone with this vertical design now with the new Hurricane as well. This is why I mention the Cadenza above in regard to heat. The Monsoon is also no longer available as we know it. They have redesigned the amp with several differences. The Monsoon will now use EL34 tubes and have a different chassis design. Not the vertical design though. The price has also gone to $4k for the Monsoon and $6200 for the Hurricanes as seen above.
 I am now sourcing the original Monsoon chassis design from ASL for our Bella EXtreme 100 amplifiers. All Bella EXtreme amplifiers are built in my New York facility.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2006, 08:11 pm by Response Audio »

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2007, 06:59 pm »
Just an update on this project. The new Hurricane MK II amplifiers are now available. I have decided not to venture forward (at this time at least) with having the factory OEM the Hurricane chassis for us. The reason for this is due to the progress of the Bella EXtreme 100 amplifiers which are taking off nicely. I will concentrate my efforts on the 100s and the 3205 units for a while and re-evaluate the Hurricane project aka; Bella EXtreme 200 at a later time.

what I will be doing is continuing with the EXtreme Hurricane amplifiers. The first consumer pair of the MK II units is now on the bench being built. They are drop dead gorgeous and pictures do not do them justice. Here is a picture of the new version. I also have pictures taking from my showroom that I still need to download and put up on my site.

kallitype

• Stay close to the candles
Re: New Bella 200 mono bloc design - your opinions please
« Reply #10 on: 21 Feb 2007, 08:56 pm »
It's a stunner!! Very classy.

Terry

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: New Bella 200 mono bloc design - your opinions please
« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2007, 05:04 pm »
Had to post something to 'un-sticky' this topic.