Autumnal equinox

studley

Autumnal equinox
« on: 27 Sep 2006, 12:38 pm »
Hi Vinnie

The autumnal equinox occurred on the 23 September.  Its now officially Autumn, or the Fall as you guys over there would have it. I would therefore like to place my order for the Signature 70 monos.  :P

Seriously though, can you give us an update on progress, ETA, pricing, chassis design etc?

Cheers
Ian

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Autumnal equinox
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2006, 01:41 pm »
Hi Vinnie

The autumnal equinox occurred on the 23 September.  Its now officially Autumn, or the Fall as you guys over there would have it. I would therefore like to place my order for the Signature 70 monos.  :P

Seriously though, can you give us an update on progress, ETA, pricing, chassis design etc?

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes, it is now Autumn... my favorite of Vivaldi's Four Seasons  :wink:

First, I've been working on finishing the Signature 3S and have started building them.  They'll start shipping in a week or two.  I'll be going down the list of those who pre-ordered:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Signature_3S.html

Regarding the Signature 70 Monoblocks -- I'm trying to reuse the same board used for the Signature 30.  However, configuring it for "parallel output mode" is not simple matter of changing a jumper and swapping a resistor.  There is a lot more tweaking involved (cutting board traces, fine surface mount soldering to the Tripath chips, etc).  So far it is not working out so well, so I might just have to design a dedicated board.... but I haven't given up yet and will try to see if I can avoid doing so as it will cause delays. 

The Signature 70 will use identical chassis and components as the Signature 30, except there will be one channel on the back panel instead of two.  The DACT CT2 will be a mono attenuator instead of a stereo attenuator.  There will not be a remote control volume option with the Monoblocks. 

Pricing is still to be determined....

Thanks,

Vinnie

studley

Re: Autumnal equinox
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2006, 04:40 pm »
Thanks for the update Vinnie